I had dreamt that we would be celebrating this in the Dominican Republic where we went 25 years ago.
I had dreamt that we would be renewing our vows with a small group of family and friends with a small ceremony and reception where I would be fully present in mind (unlike that day!).
But it was not possible.
And I am still grateful and thank God for His mercies and that my 'man' loves Him and his family with determination and tenderness.
God is so very proud of this child of His and I am grateful that he chose me.
I am grateful that together we had 2 wonderful boys who my husband adores.
I am blessed.
Happy Anniversary to my husband of 25 years.
Mike, I love you.
(For those of you who have not read our 'story' before, I am reposting it!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once upon a time....There was a young Anglo-Indian man born in Bombay, but home-grown in Ottawa, who prayed for a wife. Then along came a young woman from Trinidad who was not really praying for a husband. She preferred books! They met, one doing field work for his Bible college degree, the other volunteering with IVCF International Student Ministry at the University of Toronto:
He changed her mind about the books. He played dirty--he got WEC missionaries to pray! She didn't stand a chance! Thus, they fell in love, got engaged:
Then they got married on June 3rd, 1989:
Then there were four:
And here are some of his favorite pastimes: sleeping (-;, opening presents, just smiling, exercising and speaking:

And his very favorite is just being with his sons:
This man has taught this woman much about unconditional love and persevering in faith. His love for his family is undergirded by his love for God. His wife sees him daily reading God's Word and praying for his wife and his family. She loves this man with all of her heart. He is God's greatest gift to her.
Happy 25th anniversary to my beloved husband. This is for you:
Ephesians 14-19 (The Message)I ask him to strengthen you by his Spirit—not a brute strength but a glorious inner strength—that Christ will live in you as you open the door and invite him in. And I ask him that with both feet planted firmly on love, you'll be able to take in with all followers of Jesus the extravagant dimensions of Christ's love. Reach out and experience the breadth! Test its length! Plumb the depths! Rise to the heights! Live full lives, full in the fullness of God. 20-21God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.


29 comments:
Love this, Sita! So tender and kind and worth remembering. Thanks for sharing a bit of your history with us. May God grant you both another 20 full of rich blessing and continuing love.
Happy Anniversary!!!
peace~elaine
Thank you so much, Elaine! May you also be granted many more!
Love, Sita
Aww...happy belated anniversary! A wonderful tribute. Really enjoyed seeing the pictures. Isn't it amazing how God brings people together? Hope you two had a great day!
Blessings
WOw, what a lovely post, and tribute to your husband. What a lovely couple you make!
Happy Anniversary to both of you!
I loved the pictures, and the way you wrote this post, Sita.
May you continue to grow in love, together, staying committed to the Lord and to one another, for better or for worse, until...
May nothing part you from one another in this life.
Love,
Lidia
How awesome to see how God brings two single adults into union with each other! I believe it is a miracle whenever two people marry in Christ. Truly He has done and is doing a marvelous work in your lives!
God bless and thank you for sharing! :)
~ Sincerity
Happy Anniversary Sita!
I love all the pictures. You are a beautiful bride & a beautiful person.
"There is Love" is one of my favorites.
Love ya,
Val
Happy belated anniversary to both of you.
God brought you together in such a wonderful way (praise God for the answered prayers of the missionaries)
May you have many many more happy years together as you nurture your family and grow in the love of Christ.
I liked thre music a lot.
I must add that all your photos are super
Thank you all for your blessings...May He return them to you one hundred-fold...
Love, Sita
'...he got missionaries to pray' that's sweet, and this is such a lovely post. I had my heart warmed here today. Thanks and happy anniversary.
Yup, Hazel, he's a sweetie!
Happy Anniversary, Sita, to you and your husband. I enjoyed your videos.
Two classic love songs! Happy Anniversary to you and your husband!
Thank you, Cathy and Linda!
Happy anniversay! I wish you many more blessings and years!
I love the photo on your header.
Thank you, Beth!
Happy wedding anniversary to you and your hubby, Sitta! Wish you many more 20 years to come in your marriage.
There is love is a nice song. :) Ilove it.
Awesome tribute to your hubby, Sita, and loved the photos. 20 years is a wonderful milestone. Here's to another 20!
Thank you, Peter. Blessings to you too.
I enjoyed your anniversarypost.
Wish you many more years together,and blessings from God.
Bernice
Oh Sita, this is so sweet. Made me cry. One of my Mom and Dad's favourite songs is "Can't Help Falling in Love with You."
You are richly blessed my friend. Cherish the gifts the Lord has given you.
Joy
Happy Anniversay Sita and Mike. This is a lovely tribute.
Thank you, Cheryl(:
Well, I see where I commented 3 years ago; has it really been that long? Mercy, we've put some miles in along the way, have we not?
I hope your day was filled with many special reminders of your love for one another and God's love for you both! Marriage is, indeed, a beautiful grace.
peace~elaine
Happy anniversary, Sita, and many blessings to you and your beautiful family! Thank you for sharing your story!
Thank you, Sr. Ann. :)
Beautifully written Sita! Love it!
Thank you, Esther!
Happy 25th Anniversary, Sita! And thank you for sharing this tender love story. :) God be with you both and bless you with many more years filled with His love! Love and hugs to you!
Post a Comment