"And when I attempted suicide and I didn't succeed, I knew for the first time unconditional love—which God is. God is unconditional love. You are totally loved, totally accepted, just the way you are. In that moment I was not allowed to die, and something happened to me which is very difficult to explain. I had an eternal moment of truth, in which I knew I was loved, and knew I was here for a purpose." (Jill Jackson Miller, author of "Let There be Peace on Earth," describing events in her early life.)
“Eternal moment of truth”—a moment where you know your spirit has just connected with God’s—and you know a satisfaction that defies any human experience—a perfect mixture of unconditional love, joy, beauty, light, hope and wisdom.
"When the completion of the time came [that is: in the fullness of time], God sent his Son, born of a woman" (Galatians 4:4), and in the fullness of time God will "bring everything together under Christ, as head, everything in the heavens and everything on earth" (Ephesians 1:10). It is in the fullness of time that we meet God. (Henri Nouwen)
"When the completion of the time came [that is: in the fullness of time], God sent his Son, born of a woman" (Galatians 4:4), and in the fullness of time God will "bring everything together under Christ, as head, everything in the heavens and everything on earth" (Ephesians 1:10). It is in the fullness of time that we meet God. (Henri Nouwen)
...At some moments we experience complete unity within us and around us...a captivating view...a birth...in prayer...a moment we want to last forever...an experience of the fullness of time...moments of grace to sustain us when God seems far away and all seems useless...(Thoughts from Henri Nouwen)
God’s mind is revealed in His Word to us and this year He has clearly shown me where my focus is to be as I continually seek Him and thirst for Living Water. I want to be that tree replanted in Eden, blooming for Him, bringing glory to His Name.
As I have been reading through Kings, I was struck by the fact that the mother of the kings was usually noted before the words “and he did what was right in the eyes of the Lord”. It struck me that we as mothers do play an integral part in the spiritual upbringing of our children. When I saw Nathan at 16-yrs-old descending into the waters of baptism to declare to the world his desire to follow Jesus, my spirit soared and I had that ‘eternal moment of truth’ where heaven rejoiced with me. A moment of ‘rightness’. The fullness of time.
My blogging friend and an informal spiritual mentor to me, Lidia, gave me an extraordinary blessing this year and reinforced the conviction that God desires for me to drink from His Living Water, His Word. In there I will receive the desires of my heart.
Will you join me? Seek Him with all your heart and be satisfied. Have a blessed Christmas and I pray that you may know many eternal moments, when heaven and earth coincide for just a moment, the fullness of time.
Thank you for being my blogging friends.
With Love, Thoughts and Prayers, Sita

5 comments:
Merry Christmas Sita!
Love to you and your family.
Valerie
Thank you, Val!
Yes, He reveals His mind to us through His word.
He reveals His character.
His heart.
His love.
What a Savior! He wants us to know Him. And know Him well.
Thanks for this message, Sita.
Sweet dreams.
Stopping by to say Hi
Hi Deb and Amrita,
Thanks for sticking with me--you're faithful friends and I love you.
Sita
Post a Comment