Monday, July 13, 2020

Happy 27th Birthday to my Firstborn!

Happy 27th Birthday
to this awesome graduate, my firstborn!
July 13, 2020

UOttawa Law School Graduation 2020

TDCH Grad 2011
UWaterloo Grad 2016





And to start that 27th year in August 2019, your most important relationship apart from your Saviour, was cemented in a covenant before God. What a happy day!

Wedding August 24, 2019!
But in this mother's heart, you will not be what you have done or accomplished or special events. You will always be my beautiful firstborn. I would stare at you and marvel that you were mine. And guess what, I still do that! Every single time I see you, I fall in love all over again!
I rejoice when you rejoice and weep when you weep. My heart and thoughts are always with you when I pray. Sometimes I will suddenly just miss the sound of your voice or seeing your beautiful face and I will feverishly try to find the links to your singing. 

On the other hand, I am so proud of all that you have accomplished and all the hard work and determination behind it all. I also see an answer to prayer for you that God's grace would be evident in the opportunities He has offered you.
Nowhere has His grace been more evident in giving you your beautiful Sarah. I am so grateful for how she loves and protects you. Two things I desire in spouses for my sons, that they be God-seekers and also love you with His love. So grateful for her and her family for 'adopting' you so wholly.

My Blessing:
Matthew 4:4 (The Voice)
Jesus (quoting Deuteronomy): It is written, “Man does not live by bread alone. Rather, he lives on every word that comes from the mouth of the Eternal One.”

Nate, as you are now on the path to soon becoming a lawyer, a career based on words, may you be grounded first in the Word. May this be the Word you first look to in the morning and last thing at night, for it is life-giving, bringing just what you may need at that moment, counsel, comfort, encouragement, exhortation, guidance, power. May His Word be a compass for you when you need direction, or wisdom or just to hear His Voice, the way I long to hear yours. Just as I ardently seek to find YouTube links to hear your voice, may you ardently seek His in His Word and silent prayer.

Prayer:
Father, I come to You, Giver of all good and perfect gifts. I thank you for the gift of Nathan and I release him to You once again, to fill with Your Spirit to empower, counsel and protect him. Just as You spoke and gave life to us, may You grant Nathan that special anointing in his law career and in his marriage and all relationships to speak life. May You give him a hunger for Your Word and You along with his lifetime partner in Sarah. May he be fully grounded in You and Your Word, so that like Jesus in the wilderness he is able to counteract the deceptions of the evil one bent on sabotaging his walk with you and advancing Your kingdom. May You bless him and his precious Sarah as they continue to walk with You and serve others.
In the Precious Name of Jesus,
Amen.

I will leave you with this song that has been playing in my heart for the last little while. May you always sing along with creation praises to Him.


LYRICS: VERSE 1: God of creation There at the start Before the beginning of time With no point of reference You spoke to the dark And fleshed out the wonder of light CHORUS 1: And as You speak A hundred billion galaxies are born In the vapour of Your breath the planets form If the stars were made to worship so will I I can see Your heart in everything You've made Every burning star A signal fire of grace If creation sings Your praises so will I VERSE 2: God of Your promise You don't speak in vain No syllable empty or void For once You have spoken All nature and science Follow the sound of Your voice CHORUS 2: And as You speak A hundred billion creatures catch Your breath Evolving in pursuit of what You said If it all reveals Your nature so will I I can see Your heart in everything You say Every painted sky A canvas of Your grace If creation still obeys You so will I BRIDGE: If the stars were made to worship so will I If the mountains bow in reverence so will I If the oceans roar Your greatness so will I For if everything exists to lift You high so will I If the wind goes where You send it so will I If the rocks cry out in silence so will I If the sum of all our praises still falls shy Then we'll sing again a hundred billion times VERSE 3: God of salvation You chased down my heart Through all of my failure and pride On a hill You created The light of the world Abandoned in darkness to die   CHORUS 3: And as You speak A hundred billion failures disappear Where You lost Your life so I could find it here If You left the grave behind You so will I I can see Your heart in everything You've done Every part designed in a work of art called love If You gladly chose surrender so will I I can see Your heart Eight billion different ways Every precious one A child You died to save If You gave Your life to love them so will I TAG: Like You would again a hundred billion times But what measure could amount to Your desire You're the One who never leaves the one behind Words and Music by Joel Houston, Benjamin Hastings & Michael Fatkin © 2017 Hillsong Music Publishing CCLI: 7084123

No comments: