Originally posted at the beginning of the year, but reposting for TSMSS hosted by Amy--reaffirming my love for my God. Will you join me?
==================================...I will testify to Love...With every breath I take, I will give thanks to God above...I declare my love to You, my God!
I can think of no other song to start my New Year off with than with one of the moments in a Touched By An Angel episode that made my spirit soar and touched emotions deep within...if this is your desire, sing with me...Testify to Love (Psalm 151) sung by Wynonna Judd...
Happy New Year to one and all and may you all testify to His love in 2009!
All the colors of the rainbow
All the voices of the wind
Every dream that reaches out
Reaches out to find where love begins
Every word of every story
Every star in every sky
Every corner of creation lives to testify
Chorus:
For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love
Be a witness in the silences
when words are not enough
With every breath I take
I will give thanks to God above
For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love
From the mountains to the valleys
From the rivers to the seas
Every hand that reaches out
Every hand that reaches out to offer peace
Every simple act of mercy
Every step to kingdom come
All the hope in every heart
will speak what love has done
31 comments:
Praise God for granting us another chance to walk closer to Him, to consider and obey His commandments, live holy as He is holy, to testify of His merciful dealings with us, to find or confirm His will for our lives and to do that will with all our hearts, with all our souls and with all our might without fear and unashamedly.
The God of 'second' chances...the God of grace...I am so glad God is God...if only I would remember to extend grace the way He does...who do I think I am sometimes, I do not know...but He gives me grace...how wonderful is that..
Happy New Year, dear Cheryl...
Your comment brings Phil.1:20 to mind..the same verse for the Jan.1 Utmost for His Highest reading:
I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death.
Sita, "Testify to Love" is one of my most favorite songs. I saw Avalon perform it at a women's retreat a few years ago - ever since, it has often sprung up, playing in my mind on the rare occasions I'm not near a radio or CD player. Yes, you are right - may 2009 find us all testifying to love. It is the single greatest message ever given to mankind and the one mankind needs most. Happy New Year, blessings to you and your beautiful family.
Thank you, Gail,
You testify of His love, surely, in the thoughtful and encouraging words you always leave...thank you so much..
Love, Sita
I remember this exact episode with clarity. My sons (when I was a single mom) and I used to watch Touched every Sunday evening together. I now watch them with my younger kids. Thanks for the walk of remembrance.
peace~elaine
Now sobbing...completely undone!
Thanks.~elaine
Oh, I love this song.
Last year around Christmas time I was blessed to see Avalon and hear them sing this song.
Also, what a sweet video. I always loved "Touched By an Angel."
Thanks for sharing Sita. My prayer is that others' (all the different kinds of people I'm blessed to be around) will see Jesus in me. I want to testify His love for me and mine for Him.
He's my everything!
May you and your family be blessed beyond measure in 2009!
Love,
Valerie
This was one of the first "Touched By an Angel" episodes I ever saw. Powerful program. That song became one of my favourites. I immediately purchased a CD with Avaolon singing it.
As long as I shall live, I pray I will tesity to love - His love!
With love & prayers,
Joy
Joy, Val, Elaine..obviously great minds think alike..this song just got INTO me..KWIM? Love you all...thank you for taking time for me..
love, Sita
I love this song, but have only heard Avalon sing it. I had never seen this episode - what a heart-rending one. THanks for sharing. Have a blessed new year!
Sobbing with everyone else. I remember this episode too. Wonderful song. Thanks for posting.
Wow. Thank you. The video brought me to tears, in love, and gratefulness to our God.
Wow....is about all I can say..tears streaming down my face. My Joey thinks I am loosing it.LOL
I will testify to Love ...beautiful song.
Thanks for sharing.
Darlene
A great song for the New Year ~
well that had me bawling ...
especially if you go to my blog to see what i posted today ...
thank you for that tho' ... it's a beautiful song - encouraging!
Okay... I'm in tears. What a beautiful song, made more powerful by the video. I guess I must have needed a good cry!
God Bless you,
Cristine
Hi Cristine, Saija, "Boutcrazy", Cathy, "LambofHisflock", Darlene and Linda...
So glad this song brought out emotions that needed that cleansing overflow of tears---because they are cleansing---this song truly soaks through me and I experience genuine worship..love to all..thanks for dropping by.. (btw--I had a type-o--put 'dripping' instead of dropping..then had a chuckle as all of you talked about the tears flowing...(-;)
Sita
How beautiful! I had never heard this....love is what it's all about!
Wow, Sita, I needed to hear this tonight!! ♥ Gave me such chills, but then I was sobbing through the whole song...and to see these people lifting their hands & praising God in song - wow. I think I just had church...lol.
You know, I never saw this episode of Touched by An Angel, but have the Avalon CD with Testify to Love. For some reason this rendition (or the timing of it all) really gets to me tonight. Glad you shared it.
Oh, the beauty of His love and incredible grace to us! May we always testify to His love...He is faithful.
Ohhh Sita...I don't know how you found this...from Touched from Angels but I remembered it like I just saw it yesterday and it not only touched my heart, brought me tears, even when I knew...what was going to happen...but drew me to my knees...Glorifying & testifying of my thankfulness for HIS LOVE!!!
I have mixed feelings on this...
glad you shared it and very sad that I had to watch a child of the King, being brought home to be with Him...tears of joy...but much sadness in my heart from the mother and those left to grieve. I recalled the people that you had to say "good bye" to this past year and my heart says you truly TESTIFY
as your friend did...and this young man...HIS LOVE!
May God grant you PEACE...and WINGS to soar...as you run this race and walk with Him this new year of 2009
Blessings Sita...and a belated happy & blessed birthday and new year living for God and with Christ!
Testifying of His love along with you! I so remember this episode & this additional Psalm 151! Love Wynonna singing this and ohhh such tears and a soft spot this has in me.
A beautiful message & song! I really do miss "Touched By An Angel" and even watch part in YouTube that struck just fond memories of watching this show!
May God's real angels surround you and you sense the Presence of the Almighty as you soar anew! May He lift you up on eagle's wings as you testify of His aMazing Love for you!
Sita, I so well remember this episode of Touched by an Angel and I too loved it. I had chills as I listened to this song once again!
May we each testify of His love to others. Thank you for sharing this song today. It seems that this TSMSS is especially meaningful to me today. You have testified of your love today.
Love,
Debbie
Thank u Peggy and Debbie...this is what I call an 'ageless' song--evoking emotions that are raw--yes, sadness, a child is taken to heaven, and at the same time that in death, love and beauty and worship arises...have a great weekend..
Love, Sita
One of my favorite songs and one of my absolute favorite episodes of "Touched by an Angel." Thanks for posting the video.
That was so beautiful , it made me cry. I remember that & I miss touched by an Angel.Praise God , I do testify of His Love !
Blessings,
~Myrna
Hi Karen and Myrna, glad you re-experience the blessing of this song...
How simple is something we have made so complex.
We should live to testify to the love of Christ and glorify the Lord. This is a great reminder for me to keep it simple and focus on what is eternal. I bet I am not the only one that needed to hear this.
My dear friend Sita,
I have never seen Touched by an Angel, nor do I know what it is about. But when I saw this video that you shared, my tears just couldn't stop falling. Surely it must talk about a kind of healing, a kind of restoration...
I almost did not visit your blog tonight. Was about to log off. But something whispered in my heart, Visit Sita's blog. And here I am...
DO you know that one year ago today was the last day that my husband and I were together here on earth.
I meant to do a blog post tomorrow evening, as we celebrate his first home going anniversary.
But after seeing this video, I changed my mind.
I will do a blog post now, with this as the theme... I will testify to love as long as I shall live...
And thanks again for touching my heart with a blog post.
I will post this video on my post for today...
Thank you.
Much love
Lidj
Beautiful, Sita, thanks for sharing that.
A beautiful song and video. Doylene
Hi Sita, are you aking a blogging rest? Hope you are wel?
Did you see my Indian wedding posts?
Post a Comment