Instead you thrill to God's Word,
you chew on Scripture day and night.
You're a tree replanted in Eden,
bearing fresh fruit every month,
Never dropping a leaf,
always in blossom.
bearing fresh fruit every month,
Never dropping a leaf,
always in blossom.
(Psalm 1:2-3 The Message)
This 'replanting' can only happen if:
2But her (Sita's) delight and desire are in the law of the Lord, and on His law (the precepts, the instructions, the teachings of God) she habitually meditates (ponders and studies) by day and by night.
3And she shall be like a tree firmly planted [and tended] by the streams of water, ready to bring forth its fruit in its season; its leaf also shall not fade or wither; and everything she does shall prosper [and come to maturity]
(Psalm 1:2-3 The Amplified Bible)
May it be so, my Lord.
Drop by Amy's to hear more songs that minister.

14 comments:
I love Psalm 1. Thanks for sharing this song. I do delight in the Lord and His Word.
Very nice adaptation of the Psalm. I quoted it too on my blog
Hi Amrita and Living for God,
I am falling in love all over again with the heart of David as I study his life with Priscilla Shirer, Beth Moore and Kay Arthur. Blessings to you both.
Love, Sita
I enjoy listening to scripture put to music - wonderful song!! May I delight in the law of the Lord all the days of my life!
This was all beautiful...the picture was awesome...I LOVE the Amplified version and how you inserted your name in this promise verse...I really enjoyed the song....
Blessings Sita...I LOVE how you personalized this scripture! Great way to sing this to memorize the word & truth!!! I love KIM Hill's voice and how she sings this! Thank you for sharing Psalm 1! Delighting in His Word & songs today! Many, many encouraging prayers going up for you and Phillipines still (and that area for recovery & God's protection)!
God be with you & lift you up as you study His Word & cling to Him!
Hi Tammy, Karen and Peggy,
Love your comments--we share a kindred heart--and Karen, I also love that pic--Peggy, you're always such an encourager..thank u so much!
Psalm 1 is one of my favorites and so is Kim Hill. I had not heard this song. Thank you for sharing this beautiful pair.
I love scripture set to music, and that was so pretty. Thanks for posting it, Sita.
I love Scripture to music. Psalm 1 is one of my favorites too. I never heard this one or this artist so thank you for sharing it today.
Blessings to you,
Debbie
Thank you Lisa, Cathy and Debbie. Scripture in music--is there anything more beautiful?
Psalm 1 and 2 set the tone for all of the Psalms, don't they? You wonder what David sang them to. But it's important for me to do what you've done and relate it to myself.
amen for the words of the Lord through the Psalm of David..
Hi Sita,
Great photo, and yet again, I love the way the Amplified Bible adds so much depth to the verse.
The streams of water are of course streams of living water - the Holy Spirit, who bears fruit in our lives.
Oh, I got your message too. Sorry about the old posts on my blog, but I've been trying to work out what direction to take it in. I still have the old posts in a Word doc, if you would like me to send them to you.
God bless
Post a Comment