This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!
Today, my 16-year-old, "Given-of-God", will make a public profession of his faith in the waters of baptism. Five of high school friends will come, along with many of the church family friends. The following song describes my son. He is indeed a spark, a bright spark, who plunges headlong into life, loving, laughing, sharing his faith. I am so proud this day, and at the same time sobered, knowing he is in a spiritual battle. I would appreciate prayers for him. Thank you!
May you pass on God's love and God's hope to everyone around you... it only takes a spark to keep the fire going,
And, Dude, You definitely got that spark going!!
You are my spark!
With Gratitude to God for you.
With love, thoughts and prayers,
Mom.
Pass It On
It only takes a spark to get a fire going.
And soon all those around, can warm up in glowing.
That's how it is with God's love,
Once you've experienced it, you spread His love to everyone;
You want to pass it on.
What a wondrous time is spring, when all the trees are budding;
The birds begin to sing, the flowers start their blooming.
That's how it is with God's love;
Once you've experienced it, you want to sing
"It's fresh like spring"; you want to pass it on.
I wish for you my friend, this happiness that I've found.
You can depend on Him, it matters not where you're bound.
I'll shout it from the mountain top - PRAISE GOD
I want the world to know; the Lord of love has come to me,
I want to pass it on.
©1969 Bud John Songs, Inc

9 comments:
Praise God! That is wonderful news.
Thank you, Beth. It's been an awesome surreal day.
Praise God for this milestone in your son 's life.
May this fire in his heart burn forever. Nice to celebrate with friends. Hope you all had a glorious time.
That's simply the best news, Sita, and one every Christian parent looks forward too. Glad you had such a wonderful day. Seeing your son shining bright for Christ is great.
God bless :)
I join you and Mike in celebrating this joyous occasion.
Yes, yes, yes, I will pray for Nathan (your 16-year-old Given-of-God), as he embarks on this sobering commitment to God with its glorious blessings and grave challenges.
COngratulations to Given of God. He has made a public stand, and yes he is in a warfare.
YOung as he is he has made the choice.
Praise God for you and your husband have raised him well.
God be given the glory. Will remember to pray for him.
Love
Lidj
Thank you, Amrita, Peter, Cheryl and Lidj. It was an awesome day. Surreal.
Sita,
I remember singing that song when I was young enough to be in youth group.
Your have such a wonderful son.
What a good mother you are to him!
Sweet dreams.
That was our great campfire song. I do love and admire my sons--love their sense of humour and their hearts.
Blessings to you, Deb.
Post a Comment