Matt. 6:9-13 (The Holy Bible, NIV)
9"This, then, is how you should pray:
" 'Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
11Give us today our daily bread.
12Forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.'
Will breaks this down into pinpoint prayers:
Target: God's glory.
Pinpoint Prayer: Let Your Name be honored and exalted.
Target: God's Agenda.
Pinpoint Prayer: Let Your kingdom and will function in my life today with the same efficiency and ease as they do in heaven.
9"This, then, is how you should pray:
" 'Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
11Give us today our daily bread.
12Forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.'
Will breaks this down into pinpoint prayers:
Target: God's glory.
Pinpoint Prayer: Let Your Name be honored and exalted.
Target: God's Agenda.
Pinpoint Prayer: Let Your kingdom and will function in my life today with the same efficiency and ease as they do in heaven.
Target: God's Provision.
Pinpoint Prayer: Please give me today everything that I need.
Target: Relational Health.
Pinpoint Prayer: Please forgive me and help me to be forgiving.
Target: God's protection.
Pinpoint Prayer: Keep me free from temptation and rescue me when I am assaulted by evil.
So in line with what I have been learning, let us sing, He Never Sleeps by Don Moen. Isn't it great He's always up with us? Please pop by Amy's to hear more songs that minister.
Pinpoint Prayer: Please give me today everything that I need.
Target: Relational Health.
Pinpoint Prayer: Please forgive me and help me to be forgiving.
Target: God's protection.
Pinpoint Prayer: Keep me free from temptation and rescue me when I am assaulted by evil.
So in line with what I have been learning, let us sing, He Never Sleeps by Don Moen. Isn't it great He's always up with us? Please pop by Amy's to hear more songs that minister.
He Never Sleeps (Don Moen)
When you've prayed every prayer
that you know how to pray.
Just remember the Lord will hear
and the answer is on it's way.
Our God is able.
He is mighty.
He is faithful.
And He never sleeps, He never slumbers.
He never tires of hearing our prayer.
When we are weak He becomes stronger.
So rest in His love and cast all of your cares on Him.
Do you feel that the Lord
has forgotten your need.
Just remember that God is always
working in ways you cannot see.
Our God is able.
He is mighty.
He is faithful.
that you know how to pray.
Just remember the Lord will hear
and the answer is on it's way.
Our God is able.
He is mighty.
He is faithful.
And He never sleeps, He never slumbers.
He never tires of hearing our prayer.
When we are weak He becomes stronger.
So rest in His love and cast all of your cares on Him.
Do you feel that the Lord
has forgotten your need.
Just remember that God is always
working in ways you cannot see.
Our God is able.
He is mighty.
He is faithful.

11 comments:
Hi Sita
Such a blessing to hear those encouraging words and see the video..Love the voice of Don Moen also
have a blessed and peaceful weekend
Bernice
Oh Sita, this is just packed with so many wonderful truths. Sometimes I need the courage to "pray big".
Congratulations on your 400th post!!!! WOW!!!! Your blog is a blessing. May the Lord continue to use the sharing of your heart for His glory.
Hugs,
Joy
Dear Sita,
Although I'm sorry you couldn't sleep, I have been so blessed by what you read and shared with us today. The pinpoint prayers; wow! How often my prayers are so selfish, asking for relief instead of His glory. Thank you for the reminder.
And Don Moen! I used to listen to his music all the time but haven't lately. I loved this song and the message in the words. I'm going to cast ALL of my cares on Him.
Happy TSMSS!
Debbie
Congrata on your 400th.
This song is beautiful..Our God is great indeed.
Hi Bernice, Joy, Debbie and Amrita,
Thanks for dropping me a note. May God minister to a specific need you have this week for His renown.
Love, Sita
btw, Debbie,
In another chapter, Will show that we should be doing pinpoint prayers for ourselves, just as Jesus did--it is biblical and necessary..eg..Paul
Rom.1:10--Rom.15:31--2Cor.12:7-8--Eph.6:19--1Thess.5:25
or check David in the Psalms!
I will post some personal prayers that he wrote later..
I loved that beautiful video and song. I love Don Moen's music. Thanks, Sita.
Hi Cathy,
Thank you...have a great week...
Blessings, Sita
good points ...
and good song ...
whenever i am sleepless, i pray and pray for everyone that i can think of - i always have this thought that God has me awake for a reason?
but He knows that we need sleep - especially busy moms like you - so i hope that you have gotten your rest since this post!!
blessings on you!
Hi Sita,
Came by to say hello and wish you well.
Hope you are having a good day.
Love,
Herrad
Congratulations to your son on his forthcoming baptism. May he be anointed as he shares his testimony.
What the world needs to hear a young voice of truth and hope daring to speak out in the wilderness!
I loved the last two songs you posted. Dare to Believe resonates in my heart. I never heard it before.
Blessings on your weeekend!
Love
Lidj
I'm becoming a big Don Moen fan.
Post a Comment