Monday, July 2, 2012

"Is she 'somebody'?"


Isaiah 49:16(AMP) Behold, I have indelibly imprinted (tattooed a picture of) you on the palm of each of My hands;
Psalm 139:1, 13-14(AMP) O Lord, you have searched me [thoroughly] and have known me.13 For You did form my inward parts; You did knit me together in my mother’s womb.14 I will confess and praise You for You are fearful and wonderful and for the awful wonder of my birth! Wonderful are Your works, and that my inner self knows right well.


I remember that time long ago. A friend had just started attending church and I was introducing her to people when she asked me, "Is she 'somebody'?" That made me uncomfortable.


Many years later, I have seen my friend acquire friends who are 'somebodies' by earthly standards.
I am no longer on her radar. Invitations to me stopped quite a while back.
Could it be that I'm not a 'somebody'?
Maybe, or it could be that I could not attend several events that required some travel and gifts.
And I couldn't. Many times over the past several years, all I could afford was to take my kids to school and church.
No vacations.
No invitations.
It probably did hurt but I don't feel the sting any longer.


True friendships are weeded out in hard times.
I have the gems that God gifted me with and I am grateful that they have not turned their backs on me.
I'm sure I hurt them when I had to say 'no' many times.
They could have taken that personally.
They did not. Because they 'knew' me.


Just like God. He knows me.
I am always 'somebody' to Him.
I am engraved in the palm of His Hands.
So when someone treats me like I don't matter, well, it really doesn't matter.
For, I matter to Him. 
And you do, too.

No comments: