Friday, October 2, 2015

Oct.2 My Citizenship in Heaven

welcome_home_edit2.gif

Verse of the Day
The fear of man brings a snare, But whoever trusts in and puts his confidence in the Lord will be exalted and safe.

Thankful for His Word today. The fear of man indeed brings a snare (Something that lures or entangles the unwary~Free Dictionary) that may cause paralysis, isolation, feelings of hostility, helplessness or hopelessness. I have to admit that I have been caught in this snare too may times. I'm afraid of vicious people, like one woman who spends all her energy plotting how to exact vengeance on anyone who exposes her evil intent; like people who maliciously dehumanize others to make themselves feel better about themselves.
Fear of man.

When I think about it, a specific feeling stemming from the fear of man has haunted me for a very long time. A fear that 'they' do not warmly welcome my existence has fed that emotion of not belonging anywhere.
In my mind, I belong where I am wanted.
I am wanted where people want to spend time with me.

In this season of my life, I have to admit, I am no longer on any invitation lists. 

It gives a deep longing for acceptance and belonging, and it has dawned on me that will probably never happen here on earth.

Here are some nuggets from my Scripture reading today:

Isaiah 66:2b (AMP)
But to this one I will look [graciously],
To him who is humble and contrite in spirit, and who [reverently] trembles at My word and honors My commands."

Philippians 3:13-14 (AMP)
13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider that I have made it my own yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the [heavenly] prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 3:20-2(AMP)
20 But [we are different, because] our citizenship is in heaven. And from there we eagerly await [the coming of] the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; 21 who, by exerting that power which enables Him even to subject everything to Himself, will [not only] transform [but completely refashion] our earthly bodies so that they will be like His glorious resurrected body.

And hence I look forward to stepping into my 'home' one day and having the warmest most welcoming entrance ever.
And to top it all, my Father will run to me, arms open, eyes brimming with love, and wrap me in a warm embrace. Smothered in unconditional love that fills every nook and cranny of my heart, soul and spirit.
Home at last.



Until then, I want to be the one He looks at graciously, one who is humble and contrite, who trembles at His Word and honours His commands.
I am so far from that picture right now.

So again, I pray, " Breathe in me, Breath of Life".

No comments: