Monday, October 5, 2015

Oct.5 - In Oceans Deep I Call Upon Him

Verse of the Day: 
 Seek the Lord while He may be found; Call on Him [for salvation] while He is near.
Isaiah 55:6 (AMP)


On a day like today, in 'oceans deep', I will call upon His Name and keep my eyes above the waves:
You call me out upon the waters,
The Great unknown where feet may fail.
And there I find you in the mystery;
In oceans deep my faith will stand.

So I will call upon your name
And keep my eyes above the waves.
When oceans rise my soul
Will rest in your embrace,
For I am yours and you are mine.

Your Grace abounds in the deepest waters,
Your Sovereign hand will be my guide.
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me;
You've never failed
And you won't stop now.

So I will call upon your name
And keep my eyes above the waves.
When oceans rise my soul
Will rest in your embrace,
For I am yours and you are mine.

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders.
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever you would call me.
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my savior.

I will call upon your name
Keep my eyes above the waves
My soul will rest in your embrace
I am yours and you are mine.
(Hillsong United Worship)


Nuggets from today's Scripture Reading:


Colossians 2:2-3Amplified Bible (AMP)



[For my hope is] that their hearts may be encouraged as they are knit together in [unselfish] love, so that they may have all the riches that come from the full assurance of understanding [the joy of salvation], resulting in a true [and more intimate] knowledge of the mystery of God, that is, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge [regarding the word and purposes of God].
Christ is the mystery of God. Seeking Him, getting to know Him will unlock the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

Psalm 77(AMP)

My voice rises to God, and I will cry aloud;
My voice rises to God, and He will hear me.

In the day of my trouble I [desperately] sought the Lord;
In the night my hand was stretched out [in prayer] without weariness;
My soul refused to be comforted.

I remember God; then I am disquieted and I groan;
I sigh [in prayer], and my spirit grows faint. Selah.

You have held my eyelids open;
I am so troubled that I cannot speak.

I have considered the ancient days,
The years [of prosperity] of long, long ago.


I will remember my song in the night;
I will meditate with my heart,
And my spirit searches:

Will the Lord reject forever?
And will He never be favorable again?


Has His lovingkindness ceased forever?
Have His promises ended for all time?

Has God forgotten to be gracious?
Or has He in anger withdrawn His compassion? Selah.
10 
And I said, “This is my grief,
That the right hand of the Most High has changed [and His lovingkindness is withheld].”
11 
I will [solemnly] remember the deeds of the Lord;
Yes, I will [wholeheartedly] remember Your wonders of old.
12 
I will meditate on all Your works
And thoughtfully consider all Your [great and wondrous] deeds.
13 
Your way, O God, is holy [far from sin and guilt].
What god is great like our God?
14 
You are the [awesome] God who works [powerful] wonders;
You have demonstrated Your power among the people.
15 
You have with Your [great] arm redeemed Your people,
The sons of Jacob and Joseph. Selah.
16 
The waters [of the Red Sea] saw You, O God;
The waters saw You, they were in anguish;
The deeps also trembled.
17 
The clouds poured down water;
The skies sent out a sound [of rumbling thunder];
Your arrows (lightning) flashed here and there.
18 
The voice of Your thunder was in the [b]whirlwind;
The lightnings illumined the world;
The earth trembled and shook.
19 
Your way [of escape for Your people] was through the sea,
And Your paths through the great waters,
And Your footprints were not traceable.
20 
You led Your people like a flock
By the hand of Moses and Aaron [to the promised goal].

Today, I wonder, is there anyone who notices me, who thinks of me, remembers anything good about me, prays for me?
Will you notice me today, Lord? I need You. Do not withhold Your favour.

No comments: