
Yesterday I started an old Beth Moore study, To Live Is Christ, about the ministry of the Apostle Paul. How do I know it is old? Because Beth is so young in it! My goodness, she talks about Melissa being 15 years old! So, does a young Beth Moore have the wisdom of the older version I have come to know and love? Well, time will tell as the study continues. Here is a recap of the Intro session:
Goal: to be teachable, to be a student, to be a student-teacher.
What are some learning disabilities we have that hamper our learning, our teachability?
1. Spiritual ADD: She applies this term to people who have a short attention span. (Nehemiah 9:30-31; Isa. 42:20-22).
2. Spiritual hyperactivity: This term applies to those who can't hold still. Hebrew meaning of still is "let down the hands." (Ps.46:10-11)
3. Spiritual dyslexia: Applies to the tendency to keep getting things turned upside down, when the clay dares to act like the Potter. (Isa.29:16-17; 64:8; Job 38:2-13, 16-21).
4. Vision impairment: Seeing only what we want to see. (Prov.29:18, Matt.28:18-20).
5. Hearing impairment: (Isa.50:4-5) Each morning He awakens us to listen. When we turn our back on His word to us, that is rebellion.
To have a teachable spirit then, we need to focus, be still, know He's in charge, see and hear Him morning by morning. For many of us, turning to God is a crisis-by-crisis habit, then when the storm subsides, we turn to other things, or back to our 'control'. However, God wants our attention moment-by-moment. While God may rescue us, His main concern is to restore us, and that is a process that requires a daily turning to Him. It may very well be that the reason the crises just keep on coming is to bring you to that daily bread relationship.
What is your relationship characterized by:
-the crisis-by-crisis type?
-the moment-by-moment type?
Father, I am one who has been the most inconsistent of Your children. While I do so yearn and desire that daily communion, I have not daily come to sup with You. Forgive me and help me. Give me more of a hunger for You where that hunger has abated due to my sinful eating habits. I do love You, Lord, and freely acknowledge that You are the Helmsman, You are the Potter. Mold me into Your instrument. In Jesus' Name, I pray, Amen.
7 comments:
I'm a moment by moment gal, and believe me...I know when I operate otherwise.
To Live is Christ was my first Beth Moore study, and I can tell you...one of my favorites. It was the study that God used to profoundly interrupt my life and turn me back to the study of God's Word. You will be blessed. I promise. Keep me posted on what you're learning. I might just have to pull out my book and do some rereading.
peace~elaine
Sita, I did this study 3 years ago. The 'younger' Beth is just as powerful :o)
I'm a moment-by-moment gal, knowing that any second without Him is like loosing the air I breathe.
You're going to thoroughly enjoy this study - it's life impacting.
Blessings,
Joy
My goodness I suffer from these diseases from rtime to time.
I think Your Pamela Chander is a different lady. No I don 't know Promilla
I may just have to get out my old Beth Moore studies too! I just came across The Beloved Disciple today!!! I never finished it. Maybe now's the time.
Thanks for the encouragement. Have a blessed day!
-Janet
A really good post to think and ponder. Sita, let me join you in this prayer. He is so good to us. May He stir a deeper hunger in us all.
I've missed you. Forgive me for not visiting more. You always bless my heart.
hugs,
Vicki
I've not done this study yet.
I'll be looking forward to updates on how you're liking it.
All of Beth's studies I've done so far have blessed my life so much.
Hope you're doing well.
Love,
Val
I'd say I'm moment by moment. I have to be, otherwise all hell literally breaks out in my life.
I've been interested in this study. Next time you decide on one email me & if it's one I haven't done I'll join you. I'm just going to start her David one: A Heart like His I think is what it's called. It's upstairs & I'm too lazy to go get it. :( Have you done it yet?
love ya Sita!
Lelia
Post a Comment