
Someone needs to hear this today. Reposting for TSMSS hosted by Amy. Blessings to all.
I just happened to run across this video and I just had to post it. It is a powerful depiction of how our Heavenly Father loves us. The song is "When God Ran" by Phillips, Craig & Dean:
17 comments:
I know the parable of the prodigal son was meant to describe God's love for us when we return from walking in disobedience.
This video reminds me that the father ran to meet his son when he saw him in the distance, making his way back home.
It was the first time I envisioned God running to meet a delinquent child returning home repentant. And I imagined how God must have run to me and taken me in His arms and said, my child has come home.
The imagery is loaded and overflowing with the assurance of a father's love, my Father's love for me and His willingness to not only embrace me when I come to him in repentance but to run to meet me.
Thanks for sharing this video, I am so grateful for being reminded of the parable and this particular aspect of the truth it depicts.
Cheryl, this video filled me with gratitude as I could also see myself being enveloped in my Father's massive arms...I have never felt more secure and loved..wanted and welcomed...so glad it ministered to you too..
Such a beautiful song. How well I remember my long "dark night of the soul." I recall it with clarity and with the deep struggle that waged its war within. It was very clear to me all that was taking place (almost as if I were taken out of the scene and given ring side seats).
Never once did I question who would win. I knew, but it was the hardest night of my life. When the sun rose, I understood what I had to do. I had to make the most difficult decision of my life, but after seeing my Father fight on my behalf, I was able to walk it through. To run and to meet his loving embrace.
I may blog about it sometime. You've stirred my remembrance this night.
peace~elaine
Great song...
Just found your blog on LWG blogroll and thought I'd pop in to say hey!!
Off to read more of what you have to say :)
Sita, I wish I had heard of this song before Tuesday (Oct28) - I spoke at a Ladies event on the race God has called us to run, but ended with talking about the ONLY time in Scripture where God is portrayed as running. This was exactly what I spoke about and shared with the ladies. Powerful song!!
I'm so thankful for God's love,
Joy
hey sita,
great song. how lucky and blessed we all are to have a Great loving,forgiving & ever so powerful father. We ask God to protect our children, God's love outshines and outlast any love we will ever experience here on earth.
Times of crisis teach us how much we are willing to believe in God and I pray to God to help us always to be open to His healing presence in our lives.
Thank you for sharing this with me. God bless you.
lulu
Blessings Sita...When I saw this song early in the week, I was hoping that you'd post it for TSMSS! I saw PCD do this song When God Ran...at Spiritually Unequal Yoked Marriages with Lynn & Dineen...and these words apply to all of us not just the prodigals. Though it certainly corresponds well with the parable.
It's an excellent choice! It's so powerful...may Our Lord use this to reach someone through you sharing it! May Our Lord bless you with a wonderful weekend! Thank you!
You did not come & visit my Friday's Fave 5! And you are my number #1!
Always a great song, by a great worship team. Love it.
God bless.
Sita,
This was just a beautiful song! I had never heard it before and I loved the depiction of a father running to accept!
Blessings to you today Sita!
Awesome song. The only time God hurried was to get to me!!!
I've found you through your Lifesong in the Limelight at LauraLee's site- and am so glad I have. I LOVE this song, and the video is stunning. Thank you so much for the lovely reminder.
I've always loved the story of the prodigal son. This is a beautiful song. Sorry I'm so late commenting about it. It is just beautiful though. I'm glad you found it.
Love ya!
Sita,
I tried last week to watch this video and for some reason, it wouldn't load and play. So, I came back this week and tried again. And I'm so glad that I did.
I was in that place--far, far away from God--running in every direction but the right one. When I finally came to God, believe me, He ran to me, right to me and embraced me with His loving arms. I'll never, ever leave again.
Thank you posting this song, and I'm so glad that I came back and tried again this week.
Beth
I love this song and video...it is one of those I will NEVER get tired of hearing or singing...wonderful message....
Beautiful song and video. I'm finding so many new songs on this TSMSS and ...I love it. Thank you for posting.
Blessings,
Debbie
I've loved this song for years. Didn't know PC&D had recorded it. I remember Benny Hester singing it years ago. Thanks for sharing.
How I play the prodigal over and over, and yet his love continually pours over me.
His unending, untiring and unconstrained love for me, a tiny little sinner, in the grand expanse of God's everything...amazing!
Post a Comment