Friday, October 16, 2009

TSMSS - My One Aspiration

Today my childhood friend, Cheryl, sent me this link to a song that resides deep within our history. Our youth group choir loved this song and its beautiful harmony. We sang it in open-air meetings in the town of Arima in Trinidad, at Victory Heights camp where we originally learned it from the St. Anne's group. Our group: Vids, Bonnie, Russell, Vish, Irma, Arlene, Leah, Michael Joseph, Wilbert, Sandra..and others...I miss them!
Wow, an amazing song sung with a military conviction, My One Aspiration by the Continentals. Drop by Amy's to hear more songs that minister.

Scripture base:

...Do you think anyone is going to be able to drive a wedge between us and Christ's love for us? There is no way! Not trouble, not hard times, not hatred, not hunger, not homelessness, not bullying threats, not backstabbing...because Jesus loves us.... I'm absolutely convinced that nothing—nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable—absolutely nothing can get between us and God's love because of the way that Jesus our Master has embraced us.

(Romans 8:37-39 The Message)


13 comments:

Peggy said...

Blessings Sita...Powerful song of convictions! May the words strengthen you...so glad that it brings back delightful memories and friends! May the words from God's WORD soak in your mind and speak to your depths!

Truly our ONE ASPIRATION is to be more than conquerors in Christ Jesus!

The Continentals are one great group of singing minstrels! I remember them!

Singing along & raising high the banner! May you enJOY a blessed TSMSS & weekend of Christ's peace!

Debbie Petras said...

Sita, I've not heard this song before but of course, I'm familiar with the Romans passage that Paul wrote. What a wonderful song and message. A wonderful reminder to press on and nothing can get betweenus and the love of God. AMEN!

Blessings,
Debbie

Amrita said...

I like scripture based songs. Never heard this one before. Its lovely. Good reminder to hand on to.

Sita said...

Hi Peggy, Debbie and Amrita,
This song, because it is Scripture in song lives deeply within me, the song I loved most in the youth choir..pray this living Word lives with you all this day.
Love, Sita

Andrea said...

Powerful song! Bless you for sharing!
Andrea

PS: I have a prayer request for my brother in law on arise 2 write.

Mocha with Linda said...

I've always loved groups like The Continentals. And we sang songs like this when I was in Youth Choir has well. Thanks for the great memories. . . .and for the WONDERFUL TRUTH! These verses in Romans are some of my favorite!

pinkyshelo said...

amen for the song. If God is with us, no one or nothing could be against us. We have the victorious God who has overcome the power of death by His death and resurrection.. Love this hymn

Debbie said...

I LOVED this...made me want to sing along aloud...I love that portion of scripture as well...there is nothing quite like scipture put to music to bless my heart. Thanks for sharing, Debbie

Sita said...

Welcome Linda, Pinkyshelo, Andrea and Debbie...may the truth of this Scripture sink deep in your hearts this week...
Blessings, Sita

Cathy said...

I really liked that song I had not heard before, Sita. Thanks for sharing it.

Sita said...

Thank you, Cathy...

Crown of Beauty said...

Dear Sita,
I have never heard this song before. However when I tried to play it, there was an error and I was asked to try again later.

I will come back at another time.

Just want you to know I pray for you whenever I remember you...

You are one special lady... intense, sincere, and God the Father knows what you are going through these days.

Lifting you up,
Lidj

love said...

thank you for these thoughts and scriptures. God has spoken to me very strongly about not falling into the trap of wearing a mask on all of these apps that I have like facebook, twitter etc. So to read your words were so appropriate (or God's words).
There is an awesome song on my blog by....ahhhhh oh no it's too late at night. It'll make you cry.