
This is my second Scripture memory for the Beth Moore challenge in 3 versions again:
A) Psalm 119:9 B) Matthew 5:8
1. (NIV Version)
A) 9 How can a young man keep his way pure?
By living according to your word.
B) 8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
~~~~~
2. (The Amplified Bible)
A) 9 How shall a young man cleanse his way?
By taking heed and keeping watch [on himself] according to Your word [conforming his life to it.]
B) 8 Blessed (happy, enviably fortunate, and spiritually prosperous--possessing the happiness produced by the experience of God's favor and especially conditioned by the revelation of His grace, regardless of their outward conditions) are the pure in heart, for they shall see God!
~~~~~
3. (The Message)
A) 9 How can a young person live a clean life?
By carefully reading the map of your Word.
B) 8 You're blessed when you get your inside world
—your mind and heart—put right.
Then you can see God in the outside world.
~~~~~
Father, as I learn and ponder your Word, I ask that You purify my heart and eyes so that I may see You everywhere I turn, in every scene, in every person, in every circumstance that You allow in my life presently, that You allowed in the past, and that You will allow in the future.
In the Precious Name of Jesus, I pray, Amen.
5 comments:
Mine is Jeremiah 6:16, the one I posted about a few days back.
"This is what the LORD says, 'Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient path, aske where the good way it so that you might walk in it and find rest for your souls. But you said, 'We will not walk in it.'" (loose translation, haven't quite mastered it yet).
Happy Thursday to you. ~elaine
Hi Sita,
To bless means "to empower to prosper."
I bless you today, dear friend. Praying that you will walk in all of God's purposes for you today.
Sita, my heart was especially moved tonight by your beautiful prayer. I am so thankful you follow God's lead to share your heart with the rest of us!
Hi again, Sita,
Thanks again for dropping by...and staying a while. Yes, the Filipino names sound familiar. It's not a wonder, somehow, there must be a Filipino in every country in the world. By the way I saw your family picture on your blog and noticed that you're not Caucasian. May I ask what your cultural origin is? Oh, and "Lidj" rhymes with "bridge." It is a nickname friends have given me for my second name, Lidia.
Enjoy the rest of your day!
I'm memorizing Psalm 139 and am on verse 2. I'm so happy to finally be memorizing this whole chapter. I've always wanted to.
Thinking about you today and hoping you're doing well and staying warm!
Have a great weekend, Sita.
Love ya,
Val
Post a Comment