In recent times, I have discovered a blog in which the topic of depression is highlighted. It is a perfect example of someone saying to God, "redeem my ashes for your glory". This man's words have helped me to understand my own process and has brought hope and counsel.
Today, he spoke of the devastation of fires in Australia in recent times, perhaps deliberately set, in which over 100 people have been killed, and a wonderful tourist attraction destroyed, a place where he has been, a place where God taught him a wonderful lesson. I invite you to go over and read the story of the mother and her ducklings at When I Am Weak, Then I Am Strong.
7 comments:
Sita---I just wanted to stop by and tell you how much I appreciated your kind words---and encouragement to me during this time. GOD is doing a great work in my heart and life. God is working miracles all around us. I stand amazed.
All for His glory...thank you for coming by! Gail is a dear sweet sister to me!
Thank you for directing us to read the story about the mother and her ducklings over at Peter's site. The theme of beauty for ashes has always been one of my favorites. God can indeed redeem the ashes of our lives for His glory. In the seeming useless ash heap He knows that there are dying embers underneath, and he sends the gentle winds of the spirit in response to our cries for help, and the embers are fanned into a fire again.
Sita,
I will go to the site and read it now. God bless you!
Sita, I have been thinking about you a lot lately. I was so grateful for your encouragement for my friend Angie. Now I am blessed by Paul's site you sent us to see. I spent a good bit of time looking around there. Chemical depression has been part of my story for as long as I can remember. It is a difficult burden to share as many people don't "get it". But Christ ALWAYS gets it! Beautiful friends like you get it. I'm personally in a season of great relief for which I praise our Faither. History tells me it is an up-and-down-and-up-again process. I believe you know this story; I love you, beautiful Sita and pray for strength and courage for us all as we approach the day when every tear will be wiped away!
Dear Sita,
I tried to contact you through your email link on your blog profile page...but my pc isn't configured to outlook express, and as i am not really a techie, i couldn't get it to work. i'll try to put an email link on my blog profile one of these days... praying for you dearest friend.
Thank you again for the beautiful birthday card. It was such a surprise to open the mailbox and receive this from you.
I apprecite the link to this other website. I'll check it out.
I can't believe the death toll is so high in Australia. So tragic!
Love,
Valerie
just a note to let you know I have been blessed to have enjoyed visiting your blog this morning. Found you by way of "Thro a glass darkly"
Blessings of peace and all that is good.
Post a Comment