
When I read my Spurgeon devotional this morning, I could not help but think how true it has been of me lately...
So, then, poor Christian, thou needest not sit down in despair. Go to the Comforter, and ask Him to give thee consolation. Thou art a poor dry well. You have heard it said, that when a pump is dry, you must pour water down it first of all, and then you will get water, and so, Christian, when thou art dry, go to God, ask Him to shed abroad His joy in thy heart, and then thy joy shall be full. Do not go to earthly acquaintances, for you will find them Job's comforters after all; but go first and foremost to thy "God, that comforteth those that are cast down," and you will soon say, "In the multitude of my thoughts within me Thy comforts delight my soul."
I hear from my friends how God has given them a special 'word' that they knew was from Him. That one Word meant more to them than a thousand words from friends, because His words bring life, truth, freedom, light, penetrating the marrow, the darkness, the fog.
For whatever ails you and me today:
Father, bring us this day a "Word" uniquely designed to penetrate our hearts with what is needed today. Only You can bring the comfort that delights the soul. Thank You. In the mighty Name of Jesus, I pray, Amen.
6 comments:
i haven't had time to visit my friend's blogsites, but i saw your comment on my last post and i was so touched by your love and care. i quickly hopped over to your site... so i can just thank you...thank you for reaching out. I haven't read your last three of four posts but I will, in time. I love the picture on this post! Have to hurry cause i have been up most of the night putting together a report for my M.A. class that is due today. See ya around. May God bless you in return for the things that you do in the lives of others, encouraging them, and lifting up their spirits!
Oh Father, how I pray that You will indeed bring me a "Word" uniquely designed to penetrate my heart with what is needed today.
Beautiful prayer, Sita.
Thank you,
Blessings,
Joy
I loved reading that devotional. it was a good reminder and actually, added to some other things I have laid my eyes on today seems to be the icing on the cake! Thank you for posting it. Blessings to you also.
Am back here and just finished reading what you shared. THe devotional is so timely. Thanks for sharing it!
just finished reading what you shared on this post. It is timely, and so true. Go to God, for indeed He is always speaking to us, a word that heals, a word that speaks life. Thank you for sharing.
Sprugeon's word here struck me also this week. Truly, our Father is the fount of living water, and nothing quenches our need like a cup from his fountain. May you feel his refreshment and living wet with every moment of your week, friend. I'll be cheering for you. I love you.
peace~elaine
Post a Comment