Monday, June 8, 2009

Do you need Him too?

Then sing with me the old hymn I Need Thee Every Hour, mixed with Part The Waters and Through It All. (Sounds like Selah is the singer for most of it.).
I found this compilation of music that resonates with my heart tonight.


Part The Waters (Selah)
"When I think I'm going under,
part the waters, Lord
When I feel the waves around me,
calm the sea
When I cry for help,
oh, hear me, Lord
and hold out Your hand
Touch my life
Still the raging storm in me"

I Need Thee Every Hour
I need thee every hour, most gracious Lord;
no tender voice like thine, can peace afford.
I need thee, O I need thee;
Every hour I need thee;
O bless me now, my Savior, I come to thee.

I need thee every hour; stay thou nearby;
temptations lose their power when thou art nigh.
I need thee every hour, in joy or pain;
come quickly and abide, or life is vain.
I need thee every hour;
teach me thy will; and thy rich promises in me fulfill.

Through It All
I've had many tears and sorrows,
I've had questions for tomorrow,
There's been times I didn't know right from wrong.
but In every situation,
God gave me blessed consolation,
That my trials come to only make me strong.

Chorus:
Through it all,
Through it all,
I've learnt to trust in Jesus,
I've learnt to trust in God.

Through it all,
Through it all,
I've learnt to depend upon His Word.

I've been to lots of places,
I've seen a lot of faces,
There's been times I felt so all alone.
But in my lonely hours,
Yes, those precious lonely hours,
Jesus let me know that I was His own

Chorus

I thank God for the mountains,
And I thank Him for the valleys,
I thank Him for the storms He brought me through.
For if I'd never had a problem,
I wouldn't know God could solve them,
I'd never know what faith in God could do

3 comments:

seesawfaith said...

How wonderful that after a week of stress, uncertainty, heartache, and life, that we have this wonderful resource. \

Your songs were healing today.

Cathy said...

Thanks for sharing these videos, Sita. I love Selah! Blessings ~

Joyful said...

Yes, I desperately need Him too.

Sita, I was trying to find the song "Part the Waters" just the other day, but I was only searching for it by Evie. So needed to hear those lyrics and the combination of the other two songs is ministering deeply to me. THANK YOU.

Hugs,
Joy