Monday, June 1, 2009

Error message

updated**...Just saw on Blogger Issues that they are looking into the problem. For now, they suggest that we remove the "Followers" page element from the sidebar, so that is what I did so far.**

Has anyone else been getting this message on some blogsites, including my own?


Windows Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site
Operation aborted

When I googled it, one person said it was any site with Sitemeter. Anyone else has the problem and solution? The only thing I did 'new' was download the Internet Explorer 8. Thanks.

7 comments:

Lelia Chealey said...

Sita,
my dad was having probs w/ Internet Explorer 8 but switched back to 7 and all is well. He doesn't blog, but it with other stuff.

Peter Stone said...

Hi Sita,
I'm seeing bloggers everywhere reporting errors, and there is one common denominator with every person - they have all just updated to IE8.
Honestly, ditch it and use Firefox as your browser. IE is so tempremental, even the older versions. That's why I switched to Firefox. It's free and easy to download.
God bless
Peter

Sita said...

Thank you Peter and Lelia...for now I'll use Firefox...

Amrita said...

I didn 't get the followers message, but I have IE* and it gives me trouble. I might have to switch to Firefox.

Cheryl Wright said...

No Sita. I haven't received that message,at least not yet.I'm a Mozilla Firefox fan so maybe you might want to consider using Firefox instead.

Cathy said...

I haven't seen that message. I use Firefox now.

Mocha with Linda said...

Yep, as soon as Microsoft upgraded to IE 8, I started having problems. My husband switched me to Firefox, and it's been fine!