Friday, September 11, 2009

TSMSS - His Eye Is On The Sparrow

**edited to change the video as the Jennifer Holliday clips were removed by YouTube. Instead I have used Lauryn and Tanya Blout's version:

Let Jesus be your portion this day...His eye is on you and me.
...then pop by Amy's to hear more songs that minister.




His eye is on the sparrow
(Artist(Band):Lauryn Hill)

Why should I feel discouraged?
Why should the shadows come?
Why should my heart feel lonely?
And long for heaven and home

When Jesus is my portion
A constant friend is He
His eye is on the sparrow
And I know He watches over me
His eye is on the sparrow
and I know He over watches me
His eye is on the sparrow
and I know He watches me

I sing because I'm happy
I sing because I'm free
His eye is on the sparrow
And I know He watches me (He watches me)
His eye is on the sparrow
And I know He watches (I know He watches)
I know He watches me

(I) I sing because I'm happy
I sing because I'm free
His eye is on the sparrow
And I know He watches me (He watches me)
His eye is on the sparrow
I know, He watches me
He watches me
He watches me
I know
He watches me.

10 comments:

Bluebirdy said...

Either great minds think alike, or the Holy Spirit was telling us the same thing at the same time. I went into my blogger dashboard with a new post called "His Eye is on the sparrow", when I looked below at the blogs I follow, and there was yours, printed 39 minutes ago! WEIRD! So I guess I'll change my theme because you and I get so much of the same traffic. Is it getting cold there yet? We are finally getting an Indian summer after having a COLD summer. Like the seasons were changed around.
Bless you!
Sheila

Peggy said...

"...And if you try a little kindness
Then you'll overlook the blindness
Of narrow-minded people on the narrow-minded streets..."

Yes I do...Glen Campbell...thanks Sita! Blessings to you!

I love "HIS EYE IS ON THE SPARROW" but I think I heard it with Cece Winans so I really enjoyed this great voice of Jennifer as well.
WOW! So let's sing because we're happy and because we're free...
because of Jesus Christ!!! That's power...and powerful! May Our Lord be your portion as well!

Thanks for your thoughtful words on kindness. You are so kind! I'm glad that you found me & blessed me.

EnJOY a wonderful weekend & TSMSS!

LivingforGod said...

This is one of my favorite hymns. Thanks for sharing the videos.

Have a blessed weekend!

Marina@EBMR said...

I love this song....it always encourages!

http://energizerbunnysmommyreports.blogspot.com/2009/09/then-sings-my-soul-saturday-912.html

valerie said...

Good morning Sita!
This is one of my very favorite songs ever.
I've been memorizing Psalm 139 this year and
have realized so much through this just how much God thinks about me....how special He made me & how He not only loves me, but He knows me.
Just like this song says.
Thanks for sharing and I pray you have a super-blessed weekend!
Love,
Val

Amrita said...

This song brings such joy, comfort and peace to my heart

Karen said...

Woohoo! Praise the Lord! Love this song...

annies home said...

great old song that is sung beautifully

Cathy said...

Thanks for that joyful, gospel rendition of the wonderful song, Sita.

Deb said...

Sita,

I love how His eyes are always on us.

Loving. Comforting. Strengthening.

He is our portion.

All that we need.

May He be all that I desire.

Sweet dreams.