Saturday, May 9, 2015

Blogathon2012: #13 - On Mother's Day. My Mom and Me.


Mommy and me, Pro Queen St. Arima (1964?)
A while back, I found this one picture I have with my Mom alone as a child. Not even sure of the year, but I was wearing my Arima Girls Government School uniform and we were standing at the front gate of the home in which I grew up as a child. It was a tiny pic, so I enlarged it and have used pencil crayons to retouch the blurriness.
Isn't she pretty?

She is so much more than her looks, which are stunning.
My mother was the first one to accept Christ as her Saviour in our family. She prayed for ten years for my Dad, enduring much ridicule. All our relatives were Brahmin Hindus, on both sides.
My Dad allowed her to start the first church plant by the World Team missions organization in our home. God had allowed him to be disenchanted with his religion as He prepared his heart to accept Him as well at a crusade held by the Sutera twins of Canada.
I remember a childhood growing up in the church, going to Sunday School. I accepted Christ at the tender age of 8. Now at age 56, I am still pursuing and seeking God with all my heart.

I owe my faith, my very life to my mother.
I know full well that it was her persistent prayers that have sustained me.
I know she has cried and continues to cry for us and with us.
What an incredible faith and strength God gifted her.
She easily gave up many of her own dreams to ensure her children got the best.
She has a great sense of humor, and that is a favorite memory for my boys, "Grandma's jokes and how she laughs long and hard at her own jokes."

She also loves to make healthy foods, and blends her veggies and fruits using Grandpa and whoever is around as her 'guinea pigs'. Her comment usually is, "ay-ay, tastin good man!"

She loves sewing as well.

She loves to teach and counsel women and has been involved in women's ministry for countless years.

She continues to encourage me, the daughter who is least like her with her strong psyche. (I have a very delicate psyche.)

She is amazing, and today I rise up to bless her.
I bless you, MOM!
Happy Mother's Day!

(See my 2008 tribute.)
I dedicate this song to you Mom:

2 comments:

Trudy said...

What a beautiful tribute to your mom, Sita! Thank you for sharing.

Sita said...

Thank you, Trudy. :)