Thursday, March 6, 2008

Absolute trust...absolute serenity

Jeremiah 17:7-8
7 "But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him.
8 He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit."
[NIV Version]

7 -8"But blessed is the man who trusts me, God, the woman who sticks with God. They're like trees replanted in Eden, putting down roots near the rivers— Never a worry through the hottest of summers, never dropping a leaf, Serene and calm through droughts, bearing fresh fruit every season
[The Message]

I had the hardest time today having my quiet time. Disturbing thoughts kept bombarding my mind. It was a fight all the way through. Truthfully, I did not come out completely at peace either, but these verses stood out for me. The Message used the metaphor of trees replanted in Eden to show the immutability of the person who truly trusts in God. Eden, the only place that perfection ever existed, perfect harmony with God, perfect harmony between the humans, Adam and Eve. Wow!
Have you ever stopped to think what a hole must have been left in their souls after having walked with God, communing with Him and each other in perfect harmony? That 'hole' is our legacy passed on through all generations, an empty darkness that searches everywhere to be filled and lit with hope. And yes, God saw and heard our groanings and He Himself sent His Son to reconcile us back into fellowship with Him. This Easter, may we be filled again with the Light and fullness of His Presence. Be blessed.
~Love, Sita~
Father, I know that it is a process in which we learn how to truly trust so that we remain serene and fruitful in all seasons. Please help me to be patient and thank You for Your patience with me as I slowly learn. I used to think I was a fast learner. Was I wrong! Most of all, thank You for wanting to be reconciled with us and displaying a grace that is unimaginable, a grace I struggled with today in my mind as I saw my sore lack. Praise You, O marvellous Saviour. In Your Precious Name, I pray, Amen.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Hi I came by here by way of a comment you left on Carol..sheep to the right.

I enjoyed your post. God is really dealing with me right now about truly trusting him.