Yes, ladies, I have decided to sponsor a contest with a twist! And the twist is...I get to win a trip to a sunny, warm location, with a beach, preferably, all-inclusive obviously, and for a family of four! And, you, dear reader, get to enter this contest. I will pick the name by a random selection, as I don't want anyone to think I have any favourites here. No, I am completely neutral when it comes to someone else's funds. Make a comment about your enthusiasm to enter such a different contest and you will be entered! So, there you go. I shall increase my computer GB immediately in anticipation of the flood of entries. So, good luck to one and all! Oops, forgot we Christians do not believe in the luck of the draw, so rest assured of my personal blessing to you and yours.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh my, we have just returned from Mission Fest, a huge annual missions conference with speakers like James Robison, Bill Wilson, Tony Campolo, to name a few. Despite the major snowstorm, the parking lot was full, probably because there were huge snow piles everywhere. Numerous booths representing various mission organizations, schools, camps, media were in attendance. And, I got to meet a fellow Trinidadian who was a speaker at the Youth session. How soothing it is to hear your 'home' accent. So cool. But I think he was in snow shock.I was just thinking how many of them put themselves in jeopardy today, driving long distances to come and then tonight, plowing back. I looked at some of the faces at some of the booths. I saw weariness, and in some, loneliness. I simply smiled at one lady and her face lit up with a responding smile. I could see what motivation brought her to this conference, what undergirds her desire to serve God in places we would never dream of going. The love of Jesus shone through with brilliance. How blessed we are to be free to share our faith. How blessed we are to have so many resources available to us. So in the midst of despairing over this weather, I am overwhelmed with the blessings that I have been bestowed with, blessings many of my brothers and sisters in far off lands are literally dying for.
Father, thank You for what You have given to me, Show me what I can give back to You. Please send your ministering angels to guard all those travelling back home tonight in the storm. Keep them safe and give them a reassuring touch of Your love for them. Thank You, Lord. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment