Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Jenna is dancing...

All day long I have been walking around with a ball of pain in my chest after reading about Sumi in Lysa's post. I read two of Sumi's posts and the images kept flashing before me...a mother's arms bereft of her precious angel..that oh-so-precious scent...a father kissing the now cold cheeks and stroking the hair. My heart broke.

Then I went back to Sumi's site again and read much further and I felt like I had just attended the memorial service for an angel. When I wrote a comment for Sumi earlier that I prayed that God would give her a vision of Jenna dancing for Jesus, I did not realize that He had already done that for both Sumi and her husband. How awesome is that. And the incredible grace that has been bestowed befits the unimaginable grief of losing a child. Already, the redemptive purpose of pain is remarkably evident in the words of both Mom and Dad. There is no one who has not gone to that blog recently who has not left without His touch in a palpable sense. Indeed, this has come about for His renown, for I cannot help but be amazed how He had gone before them and prepared for their needs to the smallest detail. What a God we serve!

Wow, I stand amazed atYour glory, O Lord.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

I visited her blog today, too. I just cannot imagine losing any of my precious girls. I am so touched by the way she is still praising God. What an amazing testimony that I know is touching every person who hears.

Anonymous said...

I found a link on my blog to yours, Sita. Thank you for your sweet words, and for confirming to hubby and I once again that what we saw, was real. Hugs to you,
Sumi

valerie said...

I know, Sita, this story just broke my heart. That picture of her all dressed up in her princess outfit with the cat was adorable.
The sun was shining in so pretty.
There is so much we don't understand here on earth, but some day when we get to heaven God will show us things and we'll say...."awwww, now I see."
She's in heaven dancing away with Jesus and other little children who have gone on. I just keep thinking and praying so hard for the family. They will miss her so!
Love ya Sita and will be talking to you again soon.
Val

Jenny said...

Hello Sita,

Thank you for the sweet note you left on my blog this morning. I was so touched by your words and marveled at how God connected our hearts clear across the country through Sumi's story and the world of blogging. I enjoyed reading your blog as well. You have a beautiful heart.

Blessings to you,
Jenny