Friday, October 17, 2008

Come Fill Me Again...

**I am dedicating this post to my friends, Cheryl and Elaine, who have both ministered to me in the recent past. Thank you.**


The other day, I read my friend Elaine's post on "The Mirrored Truth" and it rubbed a tender wound inside of me. I so identified with what she was talking about, what she saw when she looked into the mirror. I've been told that I am a natural 'mystic' simply because of the way I can become attuned to His heart in such an intense way. I see this in Elaine as well and that is why I am drawn to her writings. Recently, I had been unearthing some of my old writings and was gripped by that time when I shared the most intimate time with Jesus. I realize now that my soul has been 'out of sorts' for a while because I miss my First Love desperately. Yesterday, I went into the prayer room at church and fell to my knees and the song that filled my lips was:





Oh, the power of His love. Let it surround you.
And would you believe that the next song to fill my lips was not a "Christian" song but words that echoed my heart to His:




Oh, yes, He filled up my senses as noone ever will.

Come fill me again, Oh Lord.
How well I remember that meditation room at York U, the skylight with the rays of heaven pouring on to me, with my guitar and my broken heart. How the warmth of the sunlight was like the warmth of Your grace, pouring over me, filling me, suffusing my senses, satisfying me, carrying me, loving me. And I loved You right back. During that time, I knew I was beautiful, simply because I knew I was Yours. Since then, I have forgotten as life pressed in on me, but no more. I am Yours and there is Noone else like You.
Lovingly yours,
Sita

8 comments:

valerie said...

What a blessing your post was today as well as Elaine's.
I'm glad I'm at home because the tears streamed down my cheeks reading both of your blogs.
You are such a sweet, gifted, lovely woman of God. I was thrilled to see your last sentences...."...but, no more. I am Yours and there is Noone else like You."
God bless you Sita. Please know that I keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Valerie

Cheryl Wright said...

The first song brought blessed assurance and surrender.

The second song brought found memories of years gone by and thanksgiving for the path God lead me along to reach today.

Thank you Sita.

Cheryl

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Sita:
have you heard Travis Cottrell's version of Annie's Song? I was at a Beth Moore event a couple of years ago. He sang the song, accompanied by a beautiful slide show. It meant so much more to me to have him singing it from the perspective of his relationship with God.

Thank you for the tribute. You know how I feel about you and the friendship we share. Let me know how I can specifically pray for you this weekend.

peace~elaine
PS: He does fill up my senses in a way no other one can. Sometimes through nature; all times through his word, and many days through his saints...like you!

Saija said...

annie's song has always was wedding song (back in 1974) ... it always tears me up when i hear it ... and every anniversary, leo and i slow dance to it (in our living room) - it means so much ... and when applied to God in our lives, it means even more ...

blessings on you ...

Joyful said...

Sita, this is so beautiful. It truly has left me speechless with love and passion for the One who fills all my senses!

Overflowing with His love,
Joy

Have you heard Travis Cottrell's song, "My Passion"? Click here: http://princessjoyful.blogspot.com/2008/10/my-passion.html

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I have never thought of Annie's song that way before. It is perfect that way. When you think of it as Jesus's song it is so beautiful.

Cathy said...

A beautiful post, songs and videos ~

F.Nisha said...

Wow! That song, "Power of Your Love." Thank you for blessing me with this today :). Love you <3