Thursday, May 21, 2009

In Memory of Maria...

This morning I heard Steven Curtis Chapman being interviewed by Dr. James Dobson of Focus on the Family. Today, his wife, Mary Beth, wrote this moving post, A Mother's Heart for 2 Very Brave Chapman Children. Please pop by and read.

Exactly one year ago his 4-yr-old daughter was accidentally run over in their driveway. He sang this song for her. I post it and dedicate it to her memory and also to all others dealing with the loss of a loved one, thinking about all the milestones in your life in which their absence is deeply felt.

8 comments:

Debra said...

Oh Sita! That such a wonderful song and lovely tribute to the memory of their daughter. Thanks for posting the video, I'm goning to share this with my husband as he too loves this song. Blessings dear blogger friend!

Sita said...

Debra,
I hear this song in my grocery all the time...it always tears me up...what grace God has given to this family...amazing..have a good day, Debra....

Crown of Beauty said...

I never even knew such a tragic thing happened to Steve Curtis CHapman whose songs my husband Ernie loved so much. We love this singer's ballad style of singing...

I went over to the Mary BEth's post about the death... what a tragedy.

I thank you for sharing.

Love
Lidia

Sita said...

Lidia, It is the kind of pain that slices through your heart, especially when you hear Steven sing...such an anointed voice...words...pain redeemed...
hope you're doing OK.
Love, Sita

Mocha with Linda said...

The Chapmans have been on my mind much this week. Thanks for sharing.

Amrita said...

How can they ever get over this tragedy. I just can 't imagine

Sita said...

Hey Linda, AMrita...
It's the kind of tragedy that boggles the mind...yet God entrusted it to the Chapmans...what awesome trust He placed on them...and what amazing servants they have been...I am humbled when I hear his voice ...

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I've just sat here with my daughter in my lap, listening to one of our favorites songs. I can't help but find a tear or two on behalf of the Chapmans this day. Thanks for the remembrance.

peace~elaine