(Photo credit)Today I come to God at a time when the waves are intimidating me. I come to Him because of the fact that He is my Rock and my Salvation, my Refuge and my Fortress. I asked Him to be Jehovah-Jireh for me today. When I read Oswald Chambers devotional for today, I asked Him to equip me to stay calm, faithful, and unconfused in the turmoil, simply because my sight is set on Him walking on the sea. Here is an excerpt:
What is my vision of God’s purpose for me? Whatever it may be, His purpose is for me to depend on Him and on His power now. If I can stay calm, faithful, and unconfused while in the middle of the turmoil of life, the goal of the purpose of God is being accomplished in me. God is not working toward a particular finish— His purpose is the process itself. What He desires for me is that I see "Him walking on the sea" with no shore, no success, nor goal in sight, but simply having the absolute certainty that everything is all right because I see "Him walking on the sea" ( Mark 6:49 ). It is the process, not the outcome, that is glorifying to God.
(Read the entire devotional here.)
(Read the entire devotional here.)
I don't know what your sea of turmoil involves, but I know Him Who is walking on the sea. Let us together keep our eyes on Him and like Peter, reach out to Him.


4 comments:
Thank you for sharing this with us today. I think of you and pray for you often. Sometimes I just go down the list of names on my favorite blogs and say a prayer knowing some of the needs.
I know He so desires that we trust Him and lean on Him in every area of our lives. He longs to show Himself faithful. I've been watching Beth Moore's dvd series "Who Will I Trust" and she mentioned a verse in Deut. 1:32 (KJV) that says "yet in this thing you did not believe the Lord your God."
I think we all have a "this thing" that we keep trying to handle ourselves when He is wanting us to give it to Him. I'm working on my "this thing." I would appreciate if you would join me in prayer that I will not respond in my flesh, but will listen to how the Holy Spirit tells me to respond. I so want to trust Him in this area.
I love this old hymn "I Need Thee Every Hour." So good and so true.
Love you, Sita!
Val
Amen Sita I believe that desires to show His glory in the midst of every trial and in the end result. His glory shining in and through us to the whole world.
"It is the process, not the outcome, that is glorifying to God."
I think that both the process and the outcome are glorifying to God. Dear friend, He sees you as the finished product. He believes in you, He sees the struggle you are in, and He values the shaping of your character, the way pure gold is refined in the crucible.
Thank you for sharing from Oswald Chambers, he is my favorite devotional author. And this song, I Need Thee Every Hour, this song always touches me deep inside!
Love
Lidia
Hi Val, Christy and Lidia,
I do appreciate your encouraging and thoughtful comments.
Love, Sita
Post a Comment