169-176 Let my cry come right into your presence, God;
provide me with the insight that comes only from your Word.
Give my request your personal attention,
rescue me on the terms of your promise.
Let praise cascade off my lips;
after all, you've taught me the truth about life!
And let your promises ring from my tongue;
every order you've given is right.
Put your hand out and steady me
since I've chosen to live by your counsel.
I'm homesick, God, for your salvation;
I love it when you show yourself!
Invigorate my soul so I can praise you well,
use your decrees to put iron in my soul.
And should I wander off like a lost sheep—seek me!
I'll recognize the sound of your voice.
I love how Psalm 119 ends, don't you?
All the words resonate with my 'season'.
Most of my circumstances remain the same as of today, but yet the hope of His promises lets "praise cascade off my lips."
'Promise' and 'Praise': what beautiful words.
According to dictionary.com:
promise
1.
a declaration that something will or will not be done, given,etc., by one: unkept political promises.
3.
something that has the effect of an express assurance;indication of what may be expected.
4.
indication of future excellence or achievement: a writer whoshows promise.
5.
something that is promised.
praise
1.
the act of expressing approval or admiration;commendation; laudation.
2.
the offering of grateful homage in words or song, as an actof worship: a hymn of praise to God.
3.
the state of being approved or admired: The king lived inpraise for many years.
4.
Archaic . a ground for praise, or a merit.
Will you join me in taking hold of His promise and praise Him?
The words in this song by Hillsong capture my heart:
All of my life, In every season, You are still God, I have a reason to sing, I have a reason to worship...This is my prayer in the battle, when triumph is still on its way, I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ, So firm on His Promise I will stand.."

No comments:
Post a Comment