I had done this before and to my utter deflation, barely anyone noticed, but I did anyway.
And you responded and I was so grateful for I needed people to help me hold up my arms which had become a tad weary.
This morning God answered in a huge way.
Huge because it was total grace. Gift without conditions or judgement. Pure mercy.
For days I have been praying, "Lord, have mercy. Christ, have mercy."
He heeded.
He usually brings a 'song' to my mind when He speaks and this is the song today:
(see here for hymn commentary) Why Should He Love Me So?:
WHY SHOULD HE LOVE ME SO? (Robert Harkness)
Love sent my Savior to die in my stead;
Why should He love me so?
Meekly to Calvary’s cross He was led;
Why should He love me so?
Why should He love me so?
Meekly to Calvary’s cross He was led;
Why should He love me so?
Nails pierced His hands and His feet for my sin;
Why should He love me so?
He suffered sore my salvation to win;
Why should He love me so?
Why should He love me so?
He suffered sore my salvation to win;
Why should He love me so?
O how He agonized there in my place;
Why should He love me so?
Nothing withholding my sin to efface;
Why should He love me so?
Why should He love me so?
Nothing withholding my sin to efface;
Why should He love me so?
CHORUS
Why should He love me so?
Why should He love me so?
Why should my Savior to Calvary go?
Why should He love me so?
Why should He love me so?
Why should He love me so?
Why should my Savior to Calvary go?
Why should He love me so?
And to tell the truth, I'm concerned that I don't deserve this generosity.
And really, I don't.
But that is what grace is. Undeserved.
This gift did not come with a rod, it came with pure joy and encouragement and did not ask me for justification. No questions.
Mercy.
And this was my Bible reading today that spoke:
Mark 4:37-41
Amplified Bible (AMP)
37 And a furious storm of wind [of hurricane proportions] arose, and the waves kept beating into the boat, so that it was already becoming filled.
38 But He [Himself] was in the stern [of the boat], asleep on the [leather] cushion; and they awoke Him and said to Him, Master, do You not care that we are perishing?
39 And He arose and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, Hush now! Be still (muzzled)! And the wind ceased (sank to rest as if exhausted by its beating) and there was [immediately] a great calm (a perfect peacefulness).
40 He said to them, Why are you so timid and fearful? How is it that you have no faith (no firmly relying trust)?
41 And they were filled with great awe and feared exceedingly and said one to another, Who then is this, that even wind and sea obey Him?
Psalm 37:34
Amplified Bible (AMP)
34 Wait for and expect the Lord and keep and heed His way, and He will exalt you to inherit the land; [in the end] when the wicked are cut off, you shall see it.
Psalm 38:9-10
Amplified Bible (AMP)
9 Lord, all my desire is before You; and my sighing is not hidden from You.
10 My heart throbs, my strength fails me; as for the light of my eyes, it also is gone from me.
Psalm 38:15-16
Amplified Bible (AMP)
15 For in You, O Lord, do I hope; You will answer, O Lord my God.
16 For I pray, Let them not rejoice over me, who when my foot slips boast against me.
Psalm 38:21-22
Amplified Bible (AMP)
21 Forsake me not, O Lord; O my God, be not far from me.
22 Make haste to help me, O Lord, my Salvation.
Yesterday I received a note from someone that said:
"...I think it’s time for you to have some real in-the-skin encouragement. To really hear someone’s say they hear you. To have a pair of eyes look across the table and listen. And to give you a hug. Take care of your heart — go see the ocean or walk through some beautiful trees...."
Little did she know how true that was. I have never felt so unlovable in real life. Much of my interaction is in cyber space. And God did use a cyber-friend to touch me palpably. I felt her look into my eyes and love me unconditionally and I knew it had to be Jesus. Why else?
So thank you for being the palpable touch of God to me.
Now to God be the glory, honour, and praise forever and ever. Amen.


1 comment:
To God be the glory.
Post a Comment