..I never realized what a unique relationship Moses had with God. In my reading in Exodus 33, vs.11 says, "The Lord would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend.." Further on, in vs.17, it says, "And the Lord said to Moses, I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name." Wow! Moses' plea for the Israelites moved God to change His plan of action. Moses knew Him well enough to demand that He go with them. Obviously that is what God wanted to hear because He was really pleased. This is the same Moses who murdered a man, ran from God, was too insecure about his abilities even when God said He would empower him. What was it about Moses that pleased God so much and privileged him to such a unique friendship to get an elevated glimpse of God as Beth puts it? I don't know but I really want it. I want Emanuel "God with us" to go with me, I want that special friendship, I want to show His glory to the world, I want to be distinguished by the fact that His Presence is with me.
Tonight, I was feeling overwhelmed so I came down to look over some verses in my study from Exodus 33. I am glad. Will you pray with me from the Psalms if you are feeling cast down as well?
Psalm 30:8-10,16...To You, O Lord, I called; to the Lord I cried for mercy: What gain is there in my destruction, in my going down into the pit? Will the dust praise You? Will it proclaim Your faithfulness? Hear, O Lord, and be merciful to me; O Lord, be my help. Psalm 31:1-5...In You, O Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness. Turn Your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me. Since You are my rock and fortress, for the sake of Your Name lead and guide me. Free me from the trap that is set for me, for You are my refuge. Into Your Hands I commit my spirit; redeem me, O Lord, the God of truth...Let your face shine on your servant; save me in Your unfailing love. Thank You, Lord. In Jesus' Name, Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment