Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Changing weather, unchanging God...

Hebrews 6:19
We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain,
New International Version (NIV)
Yesterday we had springtime weather, today, we have yet another winter storm and another snow day! Yet another reminder that we have no control, for even the winds do His bidding(Psalm 148:8). Many people's well laid-out plans were cancelled today as flights were cancelled and traffic chaos resulted in many delays. There is anger and frustration for those used to having their way, those who not acknowledge that there is an Ultimate Controller.
By God's grace, through many crises, I can happily rest in His sovereignty, or rather, I can wisely surrender to my omniscient and omnipotent God. In the Beth Moore study, A Woman's Heart, God's Dwelling Place, she spoke about us being tied to that anchor in the inner sanctuary, the line tossed by the winds of adversity, but which can never come loose. How comforting that is. I also have the vision of that line tied to the anchor becoming shorter and shorter as we grow in intimacy with our relationship with our heavenly Father. The shorter the line, the less tossing, the more tautness. Steadfast. Unmoved.
Father, thank You that You are our anchor in the storm. I look forward to that day, Lord, when I am unphased by the raging torrents around me, as the only thing that fills my vision is You! You are worthy, O Father. Be exalted. In the Name of your Son, I pray my desire to know You more. Amen.

2 comments:

valerie said...

Good Saturday Morning Sita!
How have you been this week?
It was a busy one for me and today is another busy day...but a fun one.
I'm going to Oklahoma City with my daughter and her mother-in-law to "An Affair of the Heart." It's a huge arts and crafts show at the fairgrounds. I've never been but looked it up online and it sounds pretty neat. The weather looks like it's going to cooperate too! It's sunny here today.
I pray you have a blessed weekend. You are in my thoughts often.
Love,
Valerie

Sita said...

Hey Val...hope you have a wonderful time at the show. I'm feeling a bit disoriented with the 3 snowstorms we have had in 2 weeks. My teenager has a youth retreat up north this weekend--500+youth! Yikes!--anyway, do take care--always love getting your notes--thay are simply "God-nudges". Thank you. Love, Sita