A cloud has descended, cold, damp, heavy
with unease, fear, despair.
My soul cries, a longing for the sweetness,
the reassuring nod of the Father's touch.
Distant memories of holy moments are but that, distant.
There is no satisfaction.
A breakdown in routine, snow, ice, bone-chilling winds.
My soul hunched over, heavy-lidded, body-all-tensed.
Father! Father! Father!
Be not distant, I scarce can take it.
I need You
To smooth out my limbs, to make them supple again,
To thaw my heart, soul and mind with the warmth of Your presence.
Soul satisfaction.
Creator God, may that ominous cloud that overshadows in gloom
Be transformed into that cloud where You so often displayed Your glory.
Cloud me over with You!
Restore Your glory this day, this very moment,
In me, for You.
Thank You, Lord.
Always, Your daughter,
Seeking You, not stopping till I see You,
Sita
No comments:
Post a Comment