Tuesday, April 22, 2008

As easy as A B C

Hey..got this in my email today...great quote...
In regards to his statement that success is as easy as A B C...
here is the reason..

"You are "A" child of God.
You will "B" successful
when you "C" what He sees in you."
"A B C"
(…..Copyright 2007 Bob Perks)


"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God."
(Matthew 5:8 -The Holy Bible, NIV Version)


Lord, grant me Your vision to see myself as You see me. Purify my heart. Let me take sides with Your picture rather than mine. It is downright hard for me to accept that You are enthralled by my beauty when I only see how much I do not measure up. And then, I look at the children You have lent me for awhile to nurture, and I see how enthralled I am by their beauty even though I am aware of their sinful nature. So, I humbly thank You. Be Thou My Vision.
In the Name of Jesus, I pray, Amen.
(Click here for the organ melody)

Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
(Words: At­trib­ut­ed to Dal­lan For­gaill, 8th Cen­tu­ry )

5 comments:

Heather said...

Amen. We need His vision to see this world through His eyes and to see ourselves through His eyes.

Kimberly said...

ABC
That is terrific! I need to remember that! I so struggle with siding with my picture of myself instead of what He sees!
Thanks for sharing this!!!

Kristen said...

Sita! I just wanted to say thank you for what you wrote on my mom's blog in reference to the OKC Memorial...it struck a cord with me and brought me to tears!! Thank you for sharing your beautiful spirit!

Lelia Chealey said...

Sita Girl...that prayer was so beautiful!!!!
love,
LC

Kimberly said...

I loved your comment on my post today. It made me smile. You have such a beautiful way with words! :)

Hope you are having a great week!