Wow, what a beautiful illustration of forgiveness in action, taking care of the very same person who robbed her of her 'life'. I don't know about you, but several persons come to my mind when it comes to robbing me of 'life', some were consciously aware driven by Satan's hatred, others unconsciously lashing out because of their own pain. I was simply a vent. Callous disregard.
Forgiveness is not an easy process. It requires first painfully acknowledging all the pain, the mess that was created by that person's actions. Then, a choice to release that person of the consequences of their actions by forgiving them. The thing is, the primary person being released is you. You have just released yourself from the power of that person.
The timing is different for each of us. Sometimes, as in child abuse, God allows that pain, that cannot be faced just yet, to be buried. Much later, when the person has the resources to deal with it, God allows another trigger to bring it to the surface. Then we can go back, now holding God's Hand, and knowing He is 'covering' us, we can confront and at God's nudging and enabling, forgive.
I sense there is someone who needs to hear this.
May I bless you with freedom to soar as you finally release the pain that became so ingrained, so a part of you, that you thought it was you. Father, please gently pull out all that pain and fill with the Balm of Gilead to heal and restore. Father, now please gently let ----- fly to the heavens and for the first time in a very long time, may ----- laugh with joy from deep within. In the precious Name of Jesus, I pray, Amen.
After I finished posting this, I felt an urging to come back to express on behalf of the pain perpetrator the remorse that you have been longing for and may never receive:
-----, it breaks my heart to see how ruthlessly I took your heart and raked it with my thorns of cruelty. I am so sorry. I am so sorry. I was not even thinking about you, it was my own pain. You did nothing to deserve this callous disregard of your life. I will forever suffer the consequences of my actions. All I can ask of you is to please forgive me because more than anything, you deserve to be free of me. You deserve to dwell in peace and walk in freedom.
1 comment:
Sita,
Thanks for coming by my blog today! I have really enjoyed what I read on your blog.
It is sooo peaceful!
God bless you!
Post a Comment