In Malcolm Muggeridge's Mother Teresa Of Calcutta: A Gift For God, he quotes Mother Teresa:
"When Christ said: "I was hungry and you fed me," he didn't mean only the hunger for bread and food; he also meant the hunger to be loved. Jesus Himself experienced this loneliness. He came amongst His own and His own received Him not, and it hurt Him then and it continues to hurt Him. The same hunger, the same loneliness, the same having no one to be accepted by and to be loved and wanted by. Every human being in that case resembles Christ in His loneliness; and that is the hardest part, that's real hunger.
I distinctly remember as an international student here, away from my family, being called "Paki". I had no idea that Pakistanis were the newly stigmatized group, nor was I from Pakistan. I was called "Chink!" I was not from China. I did not want to party with my roommate, so I was deemed "feels-she's-too-good-for-us".
I went to a large Christian church, but realized I was 'invisible' as no one interacted with me. I attended a Christian youth group in college but soon realized that outside of the group meeting, the leaders wanted no interaction as they passed me straight.
Not too long after, it dawned on me that missions was inviting and acceptable to most as long as those 'natives' stayed in their foreign land. Having them on their doorsteps was much too uncomfortable especially when the stereotype assumptions came into play.
I remember viewing the Billy Graham film, "The Young Ones" and buying the LP. I played the song, "I Love You" over and over again, just to hear someone say those words. Now I look back and see how precious that time was, as now emptied of all familiar, of all support, I looked to God to become my everything. My faith grew as never before. Andrae Crouch's singing, "Through It All" became my theme song:
Through It All
[Lyrics by Ray Boltz]
I've had many tears and sorrows,
I've had questions for tomorrow,
There've been times I didn't know right from wrong:
But in every situation
God gave blessed consolation
That my trials come to only make me strong.
Through it all, through it all,
I've learned to trust in Jesus,
I've learned to trust in God;
Through it all, through it all,
I've learned to depend upon His Word.
I've been to lots of places,
And I've seen a lot of faces,
There've been times I felt so all alone;
But in my lonely hours,
Yes, those precious lonely hours,
Jesus let me know that I was His own.
Through it all, through it all,
I've learned to trust in Jesus,
I've learned to trust in God;
Through it all, through it all,
I've learned to depend upon His Word.
I thank God for the mountains,
And I thank Him for the valleys,
I thank Him for the storms
He brought me through;
For if I'd never had a problem
I wouldn't know that He could solve them,
I'd never know what faith in God could do.
Through it all, through it all,
I've learned to trust in Jesus,
I've learned to trust in God;
Through it all, through it all,
I've learned to depend upon His Word.
Are you facing a season of loneliness now? Then hunger for His love. Let His love fill you. Share with us if you want in the comments section.
I bless you with the kind of trust that comes only in this season.
~Love, Sita~
4 comments:
Gosh, life is just hard sometimes isn't it? I have always been a compassionate person...even as a youth. God made me this way and He receives full credit. I have never been able to stand to see someone hurt by words or to see someone make fun of someone. If someone is less fortunate, it just breaks my heart.
I have been reading several blogs lately and so many have had rough childhoods or difficulties in their lives. I had some normal teen things that I went through, but nothing devestating and of course when my kids were teens it was tough going through with them certain experiences - like the break up of a first love, friends being down-right mean and leaving my child completely out etc. etc.
I am thankful that God knows your heart, Sita. He loves you so much for the person you have become. The wife and mother you are. He chose you and He has awesome plans for your life. You are one very gifted lady. I'm thankful you stood your ground during those college years....even if you did have lonely times. My kids have gone through some of that too because of their stand for Christ and what is right.
I'm SO glad He sent you my way through His Holy Spirit.
Have a wonderful weekend. YEAH, the sun is shining here!
Love you,
Valerie
Your honesty is always so beautiful, Sita. You touch others through your blog. I am always blessed by the way you have such a constant love for our Father. Your love for Him is so evident and so honest!
Thanks so much.
Learning to trust Him more and more,
Kimberly
Thank you for opening your heart Sita.
My sis and family also had a rough time when they migrated to Canada 6 years ago. Toronto was tough.Our missionary friends helped them a lot and introduced them in an Indian church...not very welcoming.their hindu friends stood by them.
Then they moved to missisuaga and things difficult there too.
Since they moved to NB, they 've really been blessed by God. They found a great church, they are the only Indians but accepted and loved in the church and the community.The kids have done very well in school and college.
My cousins in the UK have also gone thru some similar experiences.
In India too there is caste and racial prejuduce.
I love that song. Prem wanted me to sing it in church yesterday, but i did 't have the words, now I have them.
sita,
i am glad to be at your blog.your name sounds indian,though i think u are not.i came to the US a few months back and i am so glad to say that i go to a wonderful church.the americans are more open-minded and non-hypocrites,ifeel.i have had bad experiences in my country,but here i havent faced any so far.anyway God loves us,and that is the most important thing.like our pastor always says."God loves you and there is nothing that you can do about it".how sweet,isnt it?
Post a Comment