Before today, I had never deliberately listened to Steven Curtis Chapman.
Today, I know enough about him to cry with him, to have my heart pierced for him. I have played his song, Cinderella, over and over again this morning, thinking about the heart behind it, that Daddy's heart, a heart for the fatherless, a heart that placed his family second only to God.
Today, I think of Sumi, arms aching for Jenna. I see many Cinderellas, including Maria Sue and Jenna dancing with Daddy.
Today, I think of the mother who God knows by name, bereft of possibly her only child with China's one-child rule. Does she know You, Lord? This deep well of love that I feel for her can only come from You. So, I cry out for her. Intercede, Lord, Intercede. Does she know You can bring her peace? Will you direct her steps to You? Daddy, please, please?
Both Steven's and Sumi's words drip with the love, the grace, the Presence of Jesus' Himself. I know that Jesus looks upon the grief all around the world today...and Jesus weeps too. He wept when He saw the grief at Lazarus' death.
Cover us this day, Lord. I rest in You for my heart breaks with the grieving today.
Pour out Your peace amidst the pain this day.
In the Name of Jesus, the Lamb whose Blood was shed for us, Amen.
[You may leave your condolences at this blog set up in memory of Maria.]
4 comments:
I am so glad that the Holy Spirit intercedes for us. I watch these videos of Stephen Curtis Chapman with his daughter. I see this picture of this poor moher holding her daughter, and all I can do is weep. I cannot even form the words.
I am so thankful for the Lord. I join you in praying for this family, for the mother in the picture, for sweet Sumi missing her Jenna.
Blessings, Sita.
Kimberly
Hello my sweet friend.
Yes, this was a very sad day.
The news just broke my heart.
I feel so for the son and pray that the peace, love, grace & mercy of Jesus will cover him during this most difficult time.
I pray so often for Sumi and her family. Sometimes I can't even go to her blog because it makes me so sad for her. I pray every day for her. And yes, this mother holding her child. What a picture! I know there are so many hurting in different ways all over the world.
I love the verses in Rev. that talk about heaven and how there will be no more tears. We have that promise that there is a great day coming and we'll all be in heaven rejoicing together at the feet of our Maker!
Love you and pray you have a blessed weekend.
Valerie
i did not hear about this. What a terrible accident. Feel so much for the family.
Pray the Lord may heal and comfort them
I came to your site last Thursday and that is where I found out about Maria Chapman's death. We were having stormy weather here and our power went out, so I didn't leave a comment. Losing a child must be one of the worse things someone could go through. I said on my blog: We all know that God can bring good out of the bad. We don't see the whole picture, that's where our faith is strengthened.Let God be glorified despite this tragedy.
Post a Comment