During the last weekend I was honoured to witness how my older son has grown spiritually. First, I was so alarmed to see him push his brother down while playing with a large group. It was a hard push from a teenager to a small 10-year-old, who immediately retaliated with kicking... and kicking... and kicking...
I chased them and put a stop to it, not before catching the look on my 10-year-old's face. He was angry, yes, but, I could see hurt quite plainly. I called to my teenager, "That was much too hard..." He looked at me, eyes hard to read.
Then not long after, I witnessed him pulling his brother aside, leaning down to talk and then high-fiving him. I knew it. He had just apologized and restored good will. A moment later, I saw him making room for his little brother in his chair. I could just 'see' the joyful look that says "I-am-loved" on my little son's face. (He is very transparent in his emotions unlike my older son.)
YES!
My favorite pic showing they are in each other's heart forever...
Growth! In Christ's character. Humbling himself to say sorry. Repentance and restoration. Thank You, Lord.
Later on, I listened as my teenager uncharacteristically began to 'evaluate' other teams,
... Team A took quizzing much too seriously. (They were the ones who could not celebrate other teams and had to win.). Team B, had a mixture of those who took it too seriously and those who knew, well, it was just quizzing. Team C pretty much had a good balance in how they viewed it.....
Last year, I spotted something he wrote for a class and how he had observed some parents of another team being snobby. He did not condemn them, just remarked, "too bad."He went on to applaud his youth pastor and how he spoke about the God he loved.
My son is growing in his abstract thinking, learning about Jesus, learning about sinful behaviour, his and others'. My heart sings as I see him growing in the wisdom of the Lord. The comment most often given by his teachers was "he has much insights to offer the class..."
This is my prayer: that my sons would know the fear of the Lord, which is the beginning of wisdom, which they need to make choices that glorify our Lord. Thank You, Lord.
Later on, I listened as my teenager uncharacteristically began to 'evaluate' other teams,
... Team A took quizzing much too seriously. (They were the ones who could not celebrate other teams and had to win.). Team B, had a mixture of those who took it too seriously and those who knew, well, it was just quizzing. Team C pretty much had a good balance in how they viewed it.....
Last year, I spotted something he wrote for a class and how he had observed some parents of another team being snobby. He did not condemn them, just remarked, "too bad."He went on to applaud his youth pastor and how he spoke about the God he loved.
My son is growing in his abstract thinking, learning about Jesus, learning about sinful behaviour, his and others'. My heart sings as I see him growing in the wisdom of the Lord. The comment most often given by his teachers was "he has much insights to offer the class..."
This is my prayer: that my sons would know the fear of the Lord, which is the beginning of wisdom, which they need to make choices that glorify our Lord. Thank You, Lord.
3 comments:
Seeing growth in our children truly is so exciting! To see them loving the Lord and making wise decisions, it makes a mom feel so much joy!
My girls have a long way to go, the oldest only being 6, but I, too, pray that my girls would know the fear of the Lord. And that they would be able to comprehend with all the saints how wide and long and deep and high the love of Christ is for them!
Thank you so much for your sweet comment and for your prayers! You are a blessing!
you are raising your sons well.This is a blessing from God
That is the sweetest picture ever! Look at those eyes! My goodness - heartbreakers for sure!
Post a Comment