This morning I went to my son's school assembly. There for the first time, I heard The Ragman by Walter Wangerin, Jr. from "Ragman and Other Cries of Faith". I sat spellbound as one of the teachers read a story that reached my heart with the depiction of Christ's work here on earth. I found another reading on YouTube. Listen prayerfully and be blessed with a heart of gratitude for our Lord whose love we cannot comprehend.
4 comments:
My father is a professor of preaching and used to head the drama department of Asbury Seminary. One of his one act plays was the Ragman. I will never see it without hearing his voice and watching his masterful rendition of what it is to be dressed by Christ.
Wanted to say "blessed Easter" friend. May your journey to the cross be sown with sacred remembrance and thankfulness.
peace~elaine
A dramatic portrayl of Christ walking the earth meeting with the downtrodden, the broken and the hopeless - sinners all - and dressing them in His garments of righteousness.
He gave each of us a layer of Himself yet he was not depleted but refreshed, renewed and resurrected to reclaim the place in heaven He gave up to seek us out and clothed us.
That is so powerful. Wow. I'm so thankful that He has clothed me with righteousness, because I was so covered in sin before.
Thank you for this video Sita. This is what christ has done for us.
Post a Comment