
10[For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [[a]which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death, [in the hope] 11 That if possible I may attain to the [spiritual and moral] resurrection [that lifts me] out from among the dead [even while in the body].
Phillippians 3:10-11 (The Amplified Bible)
This is dedicated to my childhood friend, Cheryl, who brought back this song to my attention in my last post. Indeed, there is no power on earth that can keep us back from rising again, for Jesus said, "I will rise again!" Therein lies the hope of the believer, the fellowship of His resurrection.
I invite you to pop by Peter's blog where he posts victoriously that he did rise again from the pit of depression. Your pit today might be different: financial, marital, prodigal children, chronic illness. Whatever it may be, I pray that you too will know the fellowship of His resurrection, new life from death.
Like Peter did, go to Jesus, He is waiting for you to come to Him.
Now, listen to Rise Again by Dallas Holm.
Rise Again
Musician: Dallas Holm & Praise
Go ahead, drive the nails in My hands;
Laugh at me... where you stand.
Go ahead, and say it isn't Me;
The day will come... when you will see.
(Refrain)
'Cause I'll rise.... again;
Ain't no power on earth can keep Me down!
Yes, I'll rise... again;
Death can't keep Me in the ground.
Go ahead, mock My name;
My love for you is still the same.
Go ahead, and bury Me;
But very soon, I will be free!
(Refrain)
Go ahead, and say I'm dead and gone,
But you will see that you were wrong.
Go ahead, try to hide the Son;
But all will see that I'm the One!
(Final refrain)
'Cause I'll come again!
Ain't no power on earth can keep me back!
Yes, I'll come again;
Come to take My people back.
Laugh at me... where you stand.
Go ahead, and say it isn't Me;
The day will come... when you will see.
(Refrain)
'Cause I'll rise.... again;
Ain't no power on earth can keep Me down!
Yes, I'll rise... again;
Death can't keep Me in the ground.
Go ahead, mock My name;
My love for you is still the same.
Go ahead, and bury Me;
But very soon, I will be free!
(Refrain)
Go ahead, and say I'm dead and gone,
But you will see that you were wrong.
Go ahead, try to hide the Son;
But all will see that I'm the One!
(Final refrain)
'Cause I'll come again!
Ain't no power on earth can keep me back!
Yes, I'll come again;
Come to take My people back.
11 comments:
Yes. Yes. That's it. Dallas Holm and Praise.
Thanks Sita, for posting the music and the lyrics.
Hi there sister Sita. I saw your blog through bro. Peter's and I just want to say hello and thank you for this post. I will love to visit you time and time again. May God bless you and your family.
I just want to be used by the Lord through my blogging but I never had an idea that I would get to meet a lot of encouraging bros. and sisters in Christ in such a short period of time. To God be the glory!
RCube,
Welcome and thank you for your kind thoughts. And yes, 'meeting' so many 'kindred spirits' has been awesome--a true global Church.
Blessings. Sita
Cheryl, that certainly is nostalgic, huh?
This was another of Ernie's favorite song. This particular version he really loved, and would always sing at the top of his voice! Your posting of this song made me nostalgic for my beloved husband.
Thank you for always posting these songs that have been so meaningful to us.
Sita, I will rise again. Loved the pic on your post today. So freeing!
Thanks for directing us to Peter's blog. WOW!!!! How he has ministered to me.
Trust all is well with you.
Hugs,
Joy
Hi Sita,
Thanks for sharing the song, I have not seen it before. I love the power it shows, especially where Jesus says, "My love for you is still the same." And the power of His resurrection is truly such a wonderful thing that gives us such hope.
I also really need to get more into my Amplified Bible. The way in which it portrays the depths of the meaning of Phillippians 3:10-11 is fantastic.
Lidia,
I always smile when I realize we 'share' so much of the same 'history'--perhaps that is part of the reason I am so drawn to your writing..
Joy, indeed we shall rise again..Peter's post encouraged me so much as well...
Peter...it has been a very long and hard winter for me...since the Easter weekend, perhaps as it also got warmer and sunnier, I am filled with a new hope, the brain fog is dissipating and that pic and the song encapsulate my emotion...thank you for your post..
Good song I have it on tape
I love Rise Again by Dallas Holm.
I haven't heard it in years.
Hope all is well with you and your family, Sita.
I think about you often.
Love,
Val
Hey Amrita and Val, my blonde and raven-haired sisters! Love you!
Blessings Sita, You'll forgive me..I passed Mark Lowry and came here to hear Dallas Holm and Rise Again! Such a powerful song & voice! Another one of my favorites!
I'm glad that you shared about your friend, Peter...and his rise out of the pit of depression. Praise God!
I so believe in the power of His Resurrection! I pray that your celebration was filled with JOY!
Post a Comment