Sunday, April 12, 2009

Jesus has Overcome!

Easter Sunday...
...The day after Saturday...
when the followers of Jesus were at their lowest,
their dream of a Messiah shattered,
their hearts broken with the loss of Someone...
Who had invaded their hearts with a love that satisfied,
their 'theology' in question as they faced their doubts...
"this is not what was supposed to happen..."

Then Sunday came...
The stone had been rolled away...
He had conquered death...
He had arisen...

Now I understand what He said...
The Messiah indeed has come...

Rejoice with me as Chris Tomlin sings I Will Rise...

10 comments:

valerie said...

Happy Easter Sita.
Praying your day is very blessed.
Love you!
Valerie

Amrita said...

Happy Easter dear Sita

Saija said...

my heart just yearns for that "i will rise" day!!!
thank you Lord for saving me!!!

and Happy Easter to you, Sita ....

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

It is so humbling to journey through this easter holiday and all that He did for us. Yes...we will rise with Him soon!

In His Graces~Pamela

Lelia Chealey said...

I LOVE this song!! The words are just beautiful! Of course, Chris Tomlin is just so gifted.

Have a blessed week my friend!
love ya,
Lelia

Crown of Beauty said...

Just want to send you resurrection blessings, and also tell you I appreciate having you as one of my blog friends. This song by Chris Tomlin is so anointed, glad you shared it with the lyrics.

Carla said...

Beautiful!
How blessed we are to know we will indeed, rise again:)

The Dementia Nurse said...

"Someone Who had invaded their hearts with a love that satisfied"

What a perfect description of our Savior! Yes, He does invade our hearts with a love that satisfies. Thank you, Beautiful Sita for all your words of love and encouragement this week.

Cheryl Wright said...

Sita,

Do you remember:

Go ahead, bury me
But someday soon
You will see

That I'll rise again
There's no power on earth to keep me down
Yes I'll rise again
Death can't keep me in the ground.

I can't seem to remember the other verses but this is enough. Isn't it? It has the basic facts of the Easter story. He died, death couldn't keep Him in the ground and just as He promised, He arose - the surety and seal of our salvation.

Sita said...

Val, Amrita, Saija, Pamela, Lelia, Gail, Carla, Lidia...thank you so much for popping by with thoughts that share our love for the Saviour.
And Cheryl, thank you so much for stirring my memory--I had to go look for that song of course and hence..my next post for you...check it out..