Friday, November 30, 2007

God demonstrated His approval...

In this week of the Bible study on the building of God's tabernacle, I was stunned at how specific God's instructions were and how interconnected it was to the tabernacle built without human hands, His own home. When Beth followed up on other Scripture that reinforced God's own Word in a different time with different voices, I marvelled at God's consistency. The reason I am stunned has to be that I never gave some of the 'boring' passages for me any real credence as being relevant or divinely inspired. I now realized that every Word that God spoke through His servants is of importance. That Bible that I have is a record of His Word, and I must now with that knowledge, give due diligence to study.

A short while ago, I was praying in my room. Oh, solitude, how precious it is when accompanied by silence! I told God how wonderful it was that He gave Moses specific instructions and they were followed. When God saw that the tabernacle was acceptable and built according to His instructions, He filled the temple with His glory. That moved me as I pictured an obedient heart being filled with His glory. I begged Him to give me clear instructions. He has answered in the previous paragraph. I usually have no clear idea what I am going to write except what He has been teaching me. Well, He has used this to show me.."Study my Word..."

Have you heard about the behaviour modification concept? Well, Beth remarked how we as Christians sometimes use obedience modification where we modify God's Word to us to make it more palatable. Is there something He has spoken to you about? Do you find yourself asking, "How come so-and-so don't have to do all of that to get Your blessing?" Don't look at anyone else, God's plan for you is unique to you, and only exact obedience will result in God's glory.

Father, I worship and adore You. Continue to speak into our hearts Your instructions so that we may obey You exactly. Unclog our minds and emotions to correctly hear You. Fill us with Your glory for Your glory. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: