Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Injections of hope in the storm...

Well, it has been a heavy couple of days with my son recovering slowly from pneumonia, and my parents returning to Trinidad, and getting the cold with little chance to rest, and winter weather has finally arrived..oohhh! It's been a comfort to apply what I have been learning about God; that there is no detail of my life that He is not intimately familiar with. And when it felt too much, guess what? He provided a way of escape, injecting some hope, injecting some grace. He led my friend, Ivel, to call, and she prayed with me. And then today, I saw the Touched by an Angel episode that dealt with an archaeologist looking for the Ark of the Covenant. Oh, wow...what timing..when this is what I have been studying in detail..when they encountered the glory of God before the ark, the angel, Gloria, started to sing,
No Higher Calling,
"Down at Your feet, O Lord, Is the most high place,
In Your presence Lord, I seek Your face, I seek Your face..
There is no higher calling, No greater honour,
Than to bow and kneel before Your throne,
I'm amazed by Your glory, Embraced by Your mercy,
Lord, I live to worship You.
LEBLANC, LENNYCopyright: 1989 DOULOS PUBLISHING Year:
Wow..how cool is that! I raised the volume to the highest and just revelled in those words as I slipped automatically into praise. Knowing the significance of how the ark was made, with what materials, and for what reasons, really deepened my sense of awe. God is indeed good and faithful to His Word.
Father, for those of us who are feeling wasted by life's circumstances, please send a physical manifestation of Your love so that we get the grace You promised to persevere. Thank You. You are worthy. I bow before You. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: