Thursday, November 8, 2007

Prayerlessness...a sin...

Yes, I had to share Beth words to me. My prayerlessness is a big no-no, it is a sin against my Jesus. Read the following Scriptures yourself: Isaiah 50:4-5; Mark 14:38; Philipians 4:6-7; James 4:2. I know how awful I begin to feel when I have not prayed. Beth says, "Prayerlessness is a sin because: (1) it causes us to forfeit some of God's precious gifts to us, (2) it makes us much weaker when tempted, (3) it causes us anxiety, and (4) it closes our ears to God."
Hey, is it any wonder I feel so awful?

What she goes on to share was of great comfort to me. "We cannot out-sin God's ability to forgive...after we have truly repented and reveled in God's sure forgiveness, our worship becomes the fragrance of purest nectar..."
Jesus sits at the right hand of the Father to continually intercede for us. So let us persevere in presenting our prayer and praise offerings to Him to offer to the Father. May I bless you tonight with the prayer that God lavishes His love on you to show your great worth to Him. Be blessed.

No comments: