I was so looking forward to today's Beth Moore session. In the past week, I have realized that the 'crisis' that in recent times brought me to my knees and to surrender finally to God, was still there, but amazingly, it has faded in the background and my main concern has become my relationship with my Father. The more Beth opens up His Word for me, the more I fall in 'awe' with God. There were several snippets that ministered to me.
First, she defined mercy as "God's tender regard for the misery of man consequent to sin". I do not know about you, but what a beautiful picture this is for me, because I have felt a lot of misery in my life, and to think that He tenderly regards me, the sinful soul that I am, is totally amazing to me. She went on to quote the King James version of Hebrews 7:25, "Wherefore He is able to save them to the uttermost that come to God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them." Jesus actually lives to intercede for you and me! He thrives, He lives abundantly, to intercede for us.
What do you live to do?
What do you thrive on?
What makes your life abundant living?
Think about it. I am.
Notice also that God is able to save or deliver you utterly, completely, from whatever binds you.
If He doesn't deliver you how you want or when you want, does that mean He has abandoned you?
Have you noticed that Satan will do anything to make us feel abandoned and unloved by God?
Beth looked at the story of the woman who was crippled for 18 years, bent, completely unable to straighten up. She asked us to compare it to our own 'long-term' struggles. Has it become "this is who I am"--bent, a failure, a victim...etc...? She said that our past does not prophesy our future, no matter how unable we are, because GOD IS ABLE TO SAVE COMPLETELY. When Jesus declared the woman healed, she straightened up immediately. Would we? Think about it.
The second part addressed that Jesus intercedes for us according to the will of God. The Greek root boule for will or purpose denotes the result of deliberation and reflection.
Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Psalm 139:17-18: 17 How precious to [b] me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! 18 Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you.
Therefore when we are surrendered to Him, nothing we are allowed to face is without 'thought' on His part. If He does not take away your 'cup of suffering', then it is critical to His purpose for you in this generation. It is relevant. God stays consistent with our purpose with all that He allows.
How comforting to think that He actually dwells in careful reflection for me, to intercede for me. There is noone else I would rather do this for me. He who is completely familiar with my ways and knows what will equip me for His purposes can pray what I cannot.
Oh Jesus, please intercede for me this night, for any who will read this prayer. Please pray for what we need at this time to abundantly live for You. Let me know what You have prayed. In Jesus' Name. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment