Monday, November 12, 2007

I am smitten...

I have to confess that I am totally smitten...with my sons. This weekend, my oldest was in Ottawa for a Bible quizzing competition. Throughout the weekend, I kept getting flashes of his gorgeous face, flashing with energy. I pictured him jumping and answering his questions, giving a funny quip whenever he could. Such a feeling of joy and pride filled my heart whenever I thought of him. Growing in independence and oh-so-handsome! (totally the mother's genes!) And my youngest looking at me in wry amusement as I talked about his brother. Aww, Mom, you sure are missing him, aren't you? He is the one who tells me that if he could, he would surely give me a month or two at a spa, for that is what I deserved for my birthday. Oh man, he just melts my heart. Then he gives me such a beautiful hug. He is such a hugger.

But Lord, what about the many mothers who do not have their sons with them to watch and adore right now...it is Remembrance Day...sons have been killed in Iraq..or Afghanistan recently...many more Canadians gave their lives in previous wars....many died on 9/11...Father, I do not understand all the whys, but I do know that You watched Your own beautiful and perfect Son, on whom You pronounced "I am well pleased," die a slow torturous death...for me. I pray that You send Your Spirit to minister at this time and bring comfort and grace to all who need that touch from You. Thank you for lending me such beautiful creations in my sons for a while. I know that they are Yours and like You, I am pressed to the glass as I watch and pray for them for Your purposes to be fulfilled in them. Thank You, Lord. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: