Tuesday, January 8, 2008

"...But you will be called Hephzibah..."

In accordance to God's leading to study His Word, I will be keeping a record of my regular reading and what 'catches' my spirit's eye. Today, I read from Isa.61-62, Ps.123-125, and Joshua 2. I will pray as I go along using the Scripture to apply to my present state. I pray that His Spirit will also intercede for me and for anyone else who prays with me. (Scripture quotes will be copied and pasted from http://www.bible.com/, NIV version).

Isa.61, vs.2b-4: to comfort all who mourn, 3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion— to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor. 4 They will rebuild the ancient ruins and restore the places long devastated; they will renew the ruined cities that have been devastated for generations.
Father, I ask for Your comfort to fall into my heart today. I mourn over the ravages of sin, of rebellion, of depression, of loss, in my life and how it affects my family. I have looked into the mirror and seen the ashes, the spirit of despair. Be pleased, O Lord, to bestow a crown of beauty. Bathe me with the oil of gladness, and clothe me with the garment of praise. Father, may I and my descendants be called oaks of righteousness planted by Your own Hand for the display of Your splendour. Please look into our family histories, our deeply wounded hearts, and rebuild the ancient ruins, restore the places long devastated. Bring to our attention the generational strongholds that bind us and deliver us, and renew the ruined cities in our lives. Now to Him Who is able to do so much more than we could ever imagine, to You, O Lord, be the glory forever and ever, Amen.

Isa.62:4, 6b, 12b: 4 No longer will they call you Deserted, or name your land Desolate. But you will be called Hephzibah, and your land Beulah; for the LORD will take delight in you, and your land will be married. 6b-You who call on the LORD, give yourselves no rest...12b-They will be called the Holy People, the Redeemed of the LORD; and you will be called Sought After, the City No Longer Deserted.
Father, I confess that those are two labels that I have lived with for many years, Deserted and Desolate. I desire greatly that name, Hephzibah, which means "my delight is in her". I want my face, my life to reflect that name, that I will know that assurance that I am no longer deserted nor desolate but wholly redeemed by You. I desire to give myself no rest from calling on Your Name. Thank You for Your ardent and fervent love for Your Bride, the Church, of which I am part. My delight is in You, O Lord. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Psa.123:2b-3-...so our eyes look to the LORD our God, till he shows us his mercy. 3 Have mercy on us, O LORD, have mercy on us, for we have endured much contempt.
Psa.124:2a, 4-5, 8-...2 if the LORD had not been on our side... 4 the flood would have engulfed us, the torrent would have swept over us, 5 the raging waters would have swept us away... 8 Our help is in the name of the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.
Psa.125:2-... 2 As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the LORD surrounds his people both now and forevermore.
Father, thank You that because of Your mercy, I have not been consumed or crushed. Thank You for surrounding me. Thank You for being on my side. There is no Name under heaven or earth that transcends Yours, on whom Your children can call on night and day and be comforted. Thank You, Father. Now, Holy Spirit, please use Your Word to speak to my heart, into my current state and circumstances. I want to obey You. Please intercede for me where my heart is dulled and I cannot pray as I ought. I now release all into Your Hands. In the mighty Name of Jesus, I pray, Amen.

Summary:
My action: Continually call on His Name. "Lord, have mercy."
His action: To surround me, to restore, to rebuild, to renew.
The result: I will be an oak of righteousness planted by the Lord for the display of His splendor.
My desire: To be known and called, "Hephzibah."

No comments: