So what do these 2 people have in common? Essentially, Beth started it with her Bible study, A Woman's Heart, God's Dwelling Place, and Jonathan Graf finished it off with reaffirming the core message that God was sending me in the study. And that is...? Now that you're falling over the edge of your seat in anticipation of this...God wants me to obey Him!! To find His instructions, I must seek out His Word. Remember the verse that resonated , "I will walk about in freedom, for I have sought out Your precepts."-Psalm 119:45?
This past week, some women got together to go over Beth's study. Session 4 spoke about An elevated glimpse of God and His distinguishing Presence. One verse is particular caught my senses, "Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him." John 14:21.
This weekend, Jonathan Graf of Alliance Pray, led a prayer conference, Ignite Prayer, revealing much of what God has been teaching me in recent times. I will talk more about this in another post. But what I wanted to mention that at the service this morning, he spoke and the key text revolved around the transfer of the ark when Uzzah was killed by God because he touched the ark while trying to keep it from tipping; basically, it was because they had not obeyed God's specific instructions for carrying the ark. Jonathan spoke a great deal about Obed-Edom, the man in whose home David left the ark for 3 months. This man was blessed by God and his name was mentioned several times later after the ark was taken back[as per God's instructions this time]. He became the gatekeeper to the tabernacle, then was positioned at the entrance to the ark. He wanted to be near that ark, near the Presence of God. [Of course, while he was speaking, those of us who did the Beth Moore study were going.."Ha, we knew that!..about the ark..what...who...why..oh this is so cool..it was like we had the inside info that gave us such a profound understanding of what Jonathan Graf was explaining...we ladies were tickled pink..well...maybe the white sisters..we brown ones were tickled..mmm..rust? Haha..)
So as we start Solemn Assembly at our church tonight, the message that has been reaffirming itself is to daily commit to meeting God, seeking His Word, obeying His instructions. Undergirding this is the desire to have His glory fill me and overflow to all around me. Oh to taste of His Presence as Moses did! I hunger for His Presence even as the New Year started and hit us with a wallop.
Father, I surrender all. I ask for your protection over all You have given me, in loved ones and possessions, as I determinedly seek Your Face and instructions. I want to obey You, because I love You. In the Precious Name of your Son, Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment