Already the second day of 2008. So, is anyone else feeling walloped? I have to confess, I was until a short while ago cloaked in heaviness. Satan had to send a double wallop of 'accusation' against me and it only worked for a short while. Wow, I'm growing! God is indeed changing me. I just went before Him, before His mercy seat and had His blood poured over me in forgiveness and grace. I stand before Him clean because of His Son. The cloak was lifted, and joy was gifted, the joy that God is on my side. Of whom shall I be afraid?
I am determined to seek out His precepts, applying my current 'trials' to His Word. Remember the Scripture that resonated with me recently? (Psalm 119:45 - I will walk about in freedom, for I have sought out your precepts.) So, looking at today's reading and my life today, what can I glean? What brings 'light' to my circumstances? Pray with me:
-Psalm 119: 130-135 - "Father, The entrance of Your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple. I open my mouth and pant, longing for Your commands. Turn to me and have mercy on me, as you always do to those who love Your Name. Direct my footsteps according to Your Word; let no sin rule over me. Redeem me from the oppression of men, that I may obey Your precepts. Make your face shine upon Your servant and teach me Your decrees."
Father, this is my prayer today for myself and those who identify. We have varying circumstances, paralyzing debt, health concerns, ailing parents or children, depression. None of it surprises You, for You are able to deliver us or walk with us through it all. All we ask is for Your wisdom and grace to be manifest, for our hearts to be clean, for Your Name to be glorified. Let those who watch our suffering with glee be deflated as they see Your glory overflowing in our lives. In this new year, free us from the chains of those who want to wield their power over us. To You, O God, be the glory forever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment