
One thing I love about David is that he is 'real' with his emotions to God. I mean, he just lays it out. In my own life, I need to be completely alone to 'lay it out' so I don't scare anyone around me. For a long while, it was almost impossible to be alone where I could literally cry out to God. I would use my driving back from dropping the kids to school to do that. There is something about the freedom to cry out exactly what is in my heart, it is a release, an emptying that after it is spent, can be filled with His Spirit.
What is in your heart today? What have you been bottling up? Are you angry? Hey, God can take your anger. In fact, he already knows all the angry thoughts you harbour. You're not fooling Him at all. Today, I was reminded of the 'impossibility' of a situation in my life. After telling Him, I was reminded that He is able. He is the God of the impossible.
So, God, grant me the faith to expect the unexpected from You. May You show Yourself triumphantly glorious in our hard situation. For anyone reading this who feels hemmed in, please move them to pour out their hearts before You, and please pour Yourself into their situation so that they KNOW, "there is my Lord in the midst of this", and be heartened.
Thank You, Lord.
Psalm 70 (The Message)
A David Prayer
1-3 God! Please hurry to my rescue! God, come quickly to my side! Those who are out to get me— let them fall all over themselves. Those who relish my downfall—send them down a blind alley. Give them a taste of their own medicine, those gossips off clucking their tongues.
4 Let those on the hunt for you sing and celebrate. Let all who love your saving way say over and over, "God is mighty!" 5 But I've lost it. I'm wasted. God—quickly, quickly! Quick to my side, quick to my rescue!
God, don't lose a minute.
4 comments:
I love David's open heart - he is an example to us for true communion with God.
Thank you so much for the reminder. I needed to hear that today...that He IS ABLE!!! I walk away encouraged and blessed. Thank you, Sita!
I love that verse from Eph. He is able to do exceedingly more than we can ask or think.
I'm keeping you in my prayers throughout the day and evening.
Talk to you soon.
Thanks for another great post.
Love,
Val
P.S. I know what you mean about that alone time with God.
I am blessed with lots of it these days and lovin' it.
Me, again! Just wanted you to know I am passing some gratitude your way over at my place!
You are a blessing!
Post a Comment