Saturday, August 23, 2008

No Respecter of Persons

After I read Elaine's post here where her eyes saw beyond the handcuffs to a heart in need of compassion, I remembered this: many years ago, I was blessed to be given this song by a friend. Her friend wrote it. I cannot remember the name. The words speak to the heart of the gospel.




No Respecter of Persons

You can't judge a person
by the friends he hangs around with.
Perhaps he sees there's love inside
just dying to get out.
Like Jesus and the sinners
desiring to surround Him,
They saw the love He had to give.
That's what He's all about.

Chorus:

Oh, it's God's love
You know it means so much to me.
Accept it now and everyday.
(Last verse)-Come share it now and everyday.

You can't judge a person
by the clothing that he's wearing.
Old sandals and a seamless robe
are not in style today.
As little as He owned,
He still believed in sharing.
We should strive to do the same,
For He has shown the way.

You can't judge a person
by his mighty occupation.
An education does not make you wise beyond compare.
It was to simple poor folk God sent His revelation,
the message of His love for us
that we are taught to share.

3 comments:

Amrita said...

Such a beautiful song Sita, very meaningful and true. How people misjudged Jesus as he was a friend of sinners and outcasts.

We had a large group of people from a rural vbackground in our church for Christmas and some city folk were "put off" by their presence!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

What a beautiful song, so perfectly fitting the exact feelings of my heart recently. There is so much going on behind the scenes of a person's life. We are sometimes only privvy (sp?) to a glance. Our responsibility is to make the most of that glance. I'm trying. I know you are too.

blessings & peace~elaine

Carol said...

Oh my! I went to Elaine's and wow, what a story. Thanks for pointing me there. And I love the words to this song.