I just finished watching Touched by an Angel with my son. It was the last episode. Monica said something that spoke to me. She said that between the Friday, Jesus' death on the Cross and the Sunday, the day of His Resurrection, there was Saturday, the longest day of the believers' lives.They never thought that Friday would happen. That was not the picture they had in mind for the Messiah. They had grown to love this Man beyond all other. He was their leader. Suddenly, He was gone, in the most shameful way possible, alone, abandoned and betrayed.
On Sunday, they would receive the news and see the greatest miracle of all, the Resurrection of Jesus. He was not dead. He indeed held the power over death. He is alive! Hope, relief, amazement, gratitude...must have been some of the emotions they felt.
But between those 2 days, there was Saturday. A day spent in shock, numbness, despair, grief, loss, disbelief, doubting, hopelessness. Today, I am in a Saturday, not as profound as the believers' experience on that day as I already know about God's resurrection power. I had been hoping for a certain outcome in a situation that did not happen. Again I was wrong in thinking I knew how God was going to work. However, the fact remains, He is sovereign, He is able, and He loves me. On this I will rest and pray that God will bring me to other people's mind to intercede on my behalf.
Are you experiencing a Saturday? Then please pray with me.
Father, You are my Shepherd. Would You be pleased to care for me right now, guard me and provide for me? Would You intercede for me? Would You give me a tangible sign of Your love for me? Your Word says that Your mercies are new every morning, that Your faithfulness reaches to the skies. I rest on this. Would You grant me clarity of thought and wisdom and peace as I verbally surrender my concerns to You? Would You give me all that I need to function fully as a wife and mother and friend even while feeling the pain of disappointment? I surrender. In the Name of Jesus, I pray, Amen.
3 comments:
amen ...
if you read any of the archives in my blog - in early 2006 especialy - there are references to not having a place to move to, when our house sold ... being disappointed when the "perfect" condo sale fell through ... yet in in november 2006 the real "perfect condo" that God had for us, just fell into our laps ... in an amazing way ...
yes, indeed, God's ways aren't our ways ... Glory to His name ...
((hugs)) to you ...
Good Sunday morning Sita!
As I read your post I thought back of the 13 months that my husband was unsure of his employment future. Nobody knew. It was a strange time, but at the same time a chance to totally rely on God and trust Him.
I've been reading in Micah chapter 7 and Nahum the 1st chapter.
I have written at the top of Nahum 1:7 __Valerie________ do you trust Me? ________ do you trust Me? Beth Moore taught on that at the conference I attended in June...Trusting God....the very day my husband told me the company he worked for had sold and they didn't have a clue what was going on.
So, my precious friend. Wait on God. Know He is faithful to His own and know He has a perfect plan for you and your family.
I'll be standing in the gap and lifting you up.
Love you,
Valerie
I prayed to you Sita. I'm so sorry that you are disappointed and concerned about how God will take care of your concern. It sounds like you have a good attitude about it and that you do want to surrender to God and follow His will. But, disappointment is still hard to handle.
Post a Comment